Heater Recommendations

Creggers

Cu-pro nickel gives you more leeway with your chems, however heater efficiency is not quite as good as with the copper exchanger. If your are good with your chems, especially the Ph (you never let it get dangerously low), you should be OK with the copper.

i would go with the pentair master temp . very efficient and small dimensions make it an easy fit . it is fan assisted so you will hear a fan when its running but its not that loud . seen to many rp2100 s that either start leaking out the limit switches , pressure switch, or winterizing plug . i admit i have had to change a few thermistor on mastertemps . ive had quite a few customers that have expressed how glad they are that they have the mastertemp now

Upgrade to the electronic, forced draft (fan assisted) if possible, for maximum effeciency & fewer problems. Small additional cost, but you won't regret it. You'll never have to light a pilot light again. Since you mention the cupro-nickle, the Hayward Universal H-Series heater comes standard with the cupro-nickle for no additional charge. It's a great heater, very compact but not so much that it's hard to service.

Upgrade to the electronic, forced draft (fan assisted) if possible, for maximum effeciency & fewer problems. Small additional cost, but you won't regret it. You'll never have to light a pilot light again. Since you mention the cupro-nickle, the Hayward Universal H-Series heater comes standard with the cupro-nickle for no additional charge. It's a great heater, very compact but not so much that it's hard to service.

Just because it is fan assisted does not really make it more effcient it only changes from 82 to 84 percent. The reason for the fan is manufactures want to make smaller heaters and with small box it needs a blower to get enough fresh air for combustion. Another problem with fan heaters is that any fan exhaust the comes out the top alway will moisture problems from weather or condensation and they are noisy. Raypack heaters are quiet have the less parts in them and the best water flow and with polymer headers there is no rusting. I have never seen a Raypack heater have problems like listed above in fact the to worst heaters in this area are the Sta Rite and Pentair heaters.