Hot Tub And Ichy Skin. Can I Make It Salt?

fishguy007

First you should determine why you are itchy!

Is it the chemicals, Bacteria, or just the heat.

I had a similar problem and still do. After reading tons here and playing with all the chemicals, (i use the Dichlor then bleach, with a nature 2 backup) It became apparent that I have a problem with the heat. It would make my skin dry, itchy, and even break out with bumps at times. Since I narrowed it down, I have discovered that when i get itchy, I can just use a moisturizing lotion and fix the problem if I stay on top of it. A regular rub down in the itchy areas takes care of the itcy feeling and keeps me soaking and not chasing chemical issues.

Do you own search here about itch. Also check out sites about Excema (sp).

Good Luck!

i have a hot tub. using bromide.

i go in and i am itcy when i come out. why is this?????

can i make my hot tub salt? if so, how do i do this and who sells the systems.

r there places online that sell these systems? if so in canada?

My wife had the same type of issues when we first got our spa. I thought I was on crack because all of my readings were NEARLY PERFECT. However, I've narrowed it down to two things: #1 - heat too high. While I "loves me some hot", as does my wife, we have to leave the tub at 102 otherwise she breaks out horribly after about 15 minutes. #2 - pH too low. My wife was having issues, and then we thought back to the only other time we experienced her break out so bad and it was in a gunnite pool / spa that had ph reduction issues (and was way out of whack because our friend's husband was out of town and his wife didn't add enough balancing chemicals I think). Low pH is acidic, you might want to try to keep it a touch high (say 7.8) and see if it makes your skin better.

As far as "salt" there isn't a truly "salt" system, just chlorine generators that run off of salt I believe. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong here.