"corner" Spa Comparisons

Tiggerer2

We have a perfect use for one of these little tubs. Does anyone have any experience with/or have any opinion about these corner units? :

Sundance - Tacoma

• Caldera - Aventine

• Marquis - Rendezvous

• Solana TX

Would anyone knowledgeable care to rank the manufacturers in general terms?

Thanks in advance,

John

hotTubs2.jpg

We have a perfect use for one of these little tubs. Does anyone have any experience with/or have any opinion about these corner units? :

Sundance - Tacoma

• Caldera - Aventine

• Marquis - Rendezvous

• Solana TX

Would anyone knowledgeable care to rank the manufacturers in general terms?

Thanks in advance,

John

hotTubs2.jpg

The Caldera and Solana are both made by Watkins. All four are made from good manufactures that make good product. Pick the one that feels the best to you and has the features you like. If it were me my order would be

Sundance

Marquis

Cakldera

Solana

Thanks guys. I just got a quote for the Marquis Rendezvous. Apparently, there are two versions.. the Signature and the Discovery. There's a thousand bucks of a difference for the choice of cabinets? and a few bells and whistles.. errr. I wanted to pick the cabinet, but 1000 bucks almost eliminates this one

Thanks guys. I just got a quote for the Marquis Rendezvous. Apparently, there are two versions.. the Signature and the Discovery. There's a thousand bucks of a difference for the choice of cabinets? and a few bells and whistles.. errr. I wanted to pick the cabinet, but 1000 bucks almost eliminates this one

I believe Marquis came out with one of the first triangle spas back in 2003. Keyes Backyard and Sundance made almost exact copies of it. I think the Rendezvous is going to give you the best fit and finish, and comes with a full 10/7/5 warranty which is longer than most of the other brands. If you don't want to get the entire signature package, you can get a Discovery version and get the DuraWood synthetic cabinet upgrade. Ask your dealer about that. Since it came out, the Rendezvous has been in the top 3 selling models every year for Marquis. It's a great spa. Have the Marquis dealer show you the panel where all of the equipment is at and then compare with the other spas you're looking at. You will see the difference.

The Caldera and Solana are both made by Watkins. All four are made from good manufactures that make good product. Pick the one that feels the best to you and has the features you like. If it were me my order would be

Sundance

Marquis

Cakldera

Solana

All good brands, go with the best one based on what you like and what deal you can get.

I believe Marquis came out with one of the first triangle spas back in 2003. Keyes Backyard and Sundance made almost exact copies of it. I think the Rendezvous is going to give you the best fit and finish, and comes with a full 10/7/5 warranty which is longer than most of the other brands. If you don't want to get the entire signature package, you can get a Discovery version and get the DuraWood synthetic cabinet upgrade. Ask your dealer about that. Since it came out, the Rendezvous has been in the top 3 selling models every year for Marquis. It's a great spa. Have the Marquis dealer show you the panel where all of the equipment is at and then compare with the other spas you're looking at. You will see the difference.

Not saying the Marquis is not a good tub. It is. However, quoting from their owner's manual, be aware of extra work involved with the equipment compartment:

Leakage Detection

Open the equipment door and check for signs of water leakage around the

pump(s). Pump seals wear out over time, especially with improper water chemistry.

Early detection of pump seal failure can significantly reduce repair costs.

Pump seals, heater gaskets and pump gaskets must be checked each month

to ensure they are not leaking. Further damage caused by a leak from any

component is not covered under the warranty.

I wouldn't take a call to inspect your spa regularly as bad sign. It's the companies that hope you never look that you have to worry about.

BTW, with the help of these forums and an email to Marquis directly, my local dealer admitted the Discovery can be fitted with the color Durawood I wanted without the $1000 dollar upgrade to the Signature. Since I called him on it he's offering to cover the cost of the upgrade ($185) if I "act now". Damn, it looks like I'm gonna have a problem trusting this guy now.

This is worse than used cars. :mellow:

all these brands are very reliable, all spas with pumps can have problems with seals, chemicals can take out seal, i am not pitching any particular brand here. ,but this is were you need to feel comfortable with the dealer, if you not its time to move on....if you don't think you can trust him now , wether it was a Marquis , Sundance, Caldera, or Tiger River delaer....just thought i would throw that out there.....

all these brands are very reliable, all spas with pumps can have problems with seals, chemicals can take out seal, i am not pitching any particular brand here. ,but this is were you need to feel comfortable with the dealer, if you not its time to move on....if you don't think you can trust him now , wether it was a Marquis , Sundance, Caldera, or Tiger River delaer....just thought i would throw that out there.....

I'm really leaning toward the Marquis for a bunch of reasons and unfortunately this dealer is going to be my only feasible option (a more distant dealer basically deferred to this guy). At the end of the day, I want the tub in my backyard and the dealer will be a necessary evil I suppose. I don't have to live with the guy and maybe he'll turn out to be ok. Anyway, he knows I've got his number now and am active in some forums where word of mouth could do some damage. I won't mention their name unless I have to.

Thanks for all your opinions, BTW