Any Reason Not To Install Tub Next To Wall?

marinarar

Hi All -

I have chosen the location for my outdoor tub, with the exception of how close to my home it should be. My first thought was to abut the house, assuming it would help with heat retention since one side of the tub would be completely protected from the elements. It this adviseable? Is there a minimum recommended distance between tub and wall of home? If so, why?

Thanks for any info!

There is really no reason to not have your tub located next to your house. As for service most is done from the control side, but isn't a big deal even if not. I have had mine 6" from my outside wall on my deck for almost 3 years now. Except for needing to sweep leaves out a few times in the fall, there have been no issues.

I'm curiuos to know what type of cover lifter you are using? I am planning to buy a tub soon and having a hard time deciding which lifter to get. I will have 12" or less clearance to my house. I'd love some advice!

I have mine about 12" from my house. I have not found a need to have it any further away.

12" gives you the ability to use a cover lifter and such.

Even if I did have to move it to service it, I would just have to drain the water....which costs about $5 to replace and maybe another $10 to heat from 45 degrees to 100.

So....I wouldnt worry too much.

Hi All -

I have chosen the location for my outdoor tub, with the exception of how close to my home it should be. My first thought was to abut the house, assuming it would help with heat retention since one side of the tub would be completely protected from the elements. It this adviseable? Is there a minimum recommended distance between tub and wall of home? If so, why?

Thanks for any info!

Does your house have gutters? Is rain dripping of the edge of the roof a problem -- because it can drip onto the cover of your tub, and also into the "works" (motor, pump, etc.) -- which is why for hot tub #3, we moved it away from the house.

If you are going to put it very close to the house, and there is dripping off of your roof, I would consider having the control side of the tub away from the house.

And if you're in a cold climate -- icicles will damage your cover and create a hazard for winter hot-tubbing.

And if you're in a cold climate -- icicles will damage your cover and create a hazard for winter hot-tubbing.

And don't forget snow. A bunch of snow sliding off the roof could be a real problem. Either for the cover when the tub is closed, or any people sitting in it. You wouldn't want a large clump of ice/snow to land on it.