Final Decsion....

Thanks for everyone's input.

After people with various people, I have decided to go with the Ester Williams 15x30 pool.

The wall and floor foam is $550 total and if I get the clay floor upgrade for $400, there is a lifetime warranty against rocks protruding through the bottom. Supposedly, it adds to the efficiency of the heater.

I have upgraded the plumbing to the flexible pvc pipes to heater too. extra 280 dollars

I am now looking at the Raypak digital propane 336,000 BTU's. The dealer thinks that is an overkill and doesn't think I need a heater that big.

Sound good ?

Also, are the accessory packages that come with the pool ok ? They include a hayward extreme cartridge filter, thru wall skimmer, vac pool......

What is the dealer's reasoning on the flex pvc to the heater? It's more expensive and I can't see how it would help anything.

Clay on the bottom of the pool sounds like it might help keep the rocks from protruding, but i don't see it making a difference in your heating bill. Heat rises, so not much savings as it relates to the pool floor. As Mark said, the greater the BTU of the heater, the faster it will heat the water. You could get a smaller heater if you don't mind waiting a little longer. Fuel will be about the same, as you get billed on BTUs consumed, not on how fast it gets consumed.

What is the dealer's reasoning on the flex pvc to the heater? It's more expensive and I can't see how it would help anything.

Clay on the bottom of the pool sounds like it might help keep the rocks from protruding, but i don't see it making a difference in your heating bill. Heat rises, so not much savings as it relates to the pool floor. As Mark said, the greater the BTU of the heater, the faster it will heat the water. You could get a smaller heater if you don't mind waiting a little longer. Fuel will be about the same, as you get billed on BTUs consumed, not on how fast it gets consumed.

The standard hoses come off easily. Friends that I know that own a pool have suggested the same. Underdecided on the foam. I wouldnt get it for heating reasons. Will probably go with clay. Decided on a Raypak heater 366 btu's. Found a good deal on one.