Suggested Reading

Dr. Spa

WOW! You guys are worse that the Costco spa haters. Figured I'd repost the guidelines (slightly condensed)...RULES...of posting here. A few aspects I've made bold ;)

Board Guidelines Pool & Spa Forum Guidelines & Rules

Welcome to our online community. This community forum has a single mission: To offer positive advice, helpful tips and accurate information to educate homeowners about the merits of swimming pool and spa ownership. Please take a moment to review these rules detailed below.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violate any law.

For obvious competitive reasons, individuals who operate forums or bulletin boards that compete with poolspaforum.com are not eligible to enroll. You agree to not leave signatures, URLs or text including blatant sales messages, solicitations, advertisements, derogatory comments about members, or self-promotion of any form encouraging members to visit a particular website or store.

Poolspaforum.com editors will tend to error on the side of caution and delete questionable posts.

Creating a username that is an obvious product/domain/service name will be removed. Usernames that are inappropriate (rude/vulgar/etc.) will be deleted.

You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board. Poolspaforum.com reserves the right to terminate participation of any member(s) for any reason. These terms of service may be modified without notice and are retro active.

Welcome and enjoy poolspaforum.com

Any questions? Good, cause as a volunteer moderator here I don't have time for them, and just delete PM's anyways. I'll start deleting posts and user names tomorrow :D Have a good evening all B)

lil update........... as I go through some of the threads here, it's way too much work to go through all of them pick and choose which posts to delete. I don't have the time...so much easier to just delete the entire thread in one simple click.

Dr. Spa,

I can appreciate the time and effort that you put forth in your duties as a moderator on this forum to make an effort to be a voice of reason in this sea of insanity. Things have gotten a little too personal at times lately, but I believe that many pool professionals on this forum share a passion, and that passion is to "educate the consumer" and PROTECT the consumer from those unscrupulous, dishonest, liars and thieves that have always and will always be ready, willing and able, to prey upon the unsuspecting consumer. Whether they be manufacturers or installers of fiberglass pools, they are a blight on our industry and they have a profound and direct impact on the rest of us. Their lack of integrity shines on us all. Some of us choose to hold ourselves to a higher standard of morality and it is only natural for us to demand the same of others in this industry. You have given us a great deal of leeway in the past to express our views in regards to many issues which are of importance to the industry which in turn are of vital importance to the consumer. It is difficult, no, it is not just difficult, it is nearly impossible to not respond to some of the postings on this forum. Things like making a big announcement that a certain company has emerged from bankruptcy so the consumer and those of us in this industry should throw a big party and celebrate etc. etc. etc.. The consumer and the rest of humanity for that matter, need to be protected from this type of thinking, and this type of business practice. If you know that someone is about to be robbed at gunpoint, wouldn't you at least attempt to thwart the robbery? We make our living in this business, feed our families, send our kids to college and so on and so on, so please keep our passion and the need to have some honesty and integrity in this industry in your mind as you decide what content to keep and what content you will delete.

Thanks,

Don Pool

Dr. Spa,

I can appreciate the time and effort that you put forth in your duties as a moderator on this forum to make an effort to be a voice of reason in this sea of insanity. Things have gotten a little too personal at times lately, but I believe that many pool professionals on this forum share a passion, and that passion is to "educate the consumer" and PROTECT the consumer from those unscrupulous, dishonest, liars and thieves that have always and will always be ready, willing and able, to prey upon the unsuspecting consumer. Whether they be manufacturers or installers of fiberglass pools, they are a blight on our industry and they have a profound and direct impact on the rest of us. Their lack of integrity shines on us all. Some of us choose to hold ourselves to a higher standard of morality and it is only natural for us to demand the same of others in this industry. You have given us a great deal of leeway in the past to express our views in regards to many issues which are of importance to the industry which in turn are of vital importance to the consumer. It is difficult, no, it is not just difficult, it is nearly impossible to not respond to some of the postings on this forum. Things like making a big announcement that a certain company has emerged from bankruptcy so the consumer and those of us in this industry should throw a big party and celebrate etc. etc. etc.. The consumer and the rest of humanity for that matter, need to be protected from this type of thinking, and this type of business practice. If you know that someone is about to be robbed at gunpoint, wouldn't you at least attempt to thwart the robbery? We make our living in this business, feed our families, send our kids to college and so on and so on, so please keep our passion and the need to have some honesty and integrity in this industry in your mind as you decide what content to keep and what content you will delete.

Thanks,

Don Pool

I can only say AMEN to what Don Pool wrote. If you noticed, several of us ask if not begged the Midwest Pool guy to chill & not use this Forum in an effort to slam his many former employees. More importantly, you NUKED a topic started by a concerned consumer regarding a company, actually companies located in multiple states whose owner & CEO is in Chapter 7 BK. They have left a trail of issues behind them. If only one more consumer could have read about the issues of Aquamarine Pools, etc,etc all owned by Mark Naras, who by the way is known by members of every segment of the F/G industry as a renegade,[Except for his pool supplier]. The public would have been better served & more informed if you had only deleted the segments you found iffy & left the topic on line.

We out here know that you & the other MODS have a thankless job related to this Forum. I would like to say thanks to you & trust that you will allow the good guys/gals of this industry to continue to try to PROMOTE & PROTECT our consumers that put the bread on the table for our loved ones.

AMEN again Don PooL!!!!