2000 Prodigy Pump/gfi Problem

I recently drained and refilled my prodigy. When I pressed the clean button, the pump came on momentarily and then tripped the breaker. After resetting the breaker, I pressed the Jets button and the pump came on again and tripped the breaker. Now the breaker will trip immediately when the jet or clean buttons are pushed. Any suggestions? Could the pump be clogged?

Thanks

I recently drained and refilled my prodigy. When I pressed the clean button, the pump came on momentarily and then tripped the breaker. After resetting the breaker, I pressed the Jets button and the pump came on again and tripped the breaker. Now the breaker will trip immediately when the jet or clean buttons are pushed. Any suggestions? Could the pump be clogged?

Thanks

by accident did you get anything wet inside?

Thanks

I looked inside the panel and it was dry. There are no leaks in the plumping.

Thanks

Does it truely trip the breaker off or does the power light start to flash and then you need to reset the breaker to get it going again?

Is it set up 110 or 220?

Thanks

Does it truely trip the breaker off or does the power light start to flash and then you need to reset the breaker to get it going again?

Is it set up 110 or 220?

It trips the breaker, almost imediately after you hit tthe jet button. The heater and heater pump work fine.

The tub is wired for 220.

Thanks

Is it set up 110 or 220?

It trips the breaker, almost imediately after you hit tthe jet button. The heater and heater pump work fine.

Which breaker trips?

Thanks

Is it set up 110 or 220?

Which breaker trips?

The 20 Amp breaker, the 30 amp does not trip.

I had similar issue with a Prodigy tub that was wired 110V. It did the exact same thing. I thought it was the GFI plug, replaced that and it did the same thing. It turned out that the one-way valve on the ozonator tube had gone bad and when I turned the main pump on it was allowing water to get into the ozonator and tripping the GFI.

Unhook the jet pump and see if it still trips. If so start unhooking the loads (components) and see when it stays reset.

If the pump was making a humming noise before it tripped then you may need a new pump or a rebuild.

I had similar issue with a Prodigy tub that was wired 110V. It did the exact same thing. I thought it was the GFI plug, replaced that and it did the same thing. It turned out that the one-way valve on the ozonator tube had gone bad and when I turned the main pump on it was allowing water to get into the ozonator and tripping the GFI.

I unpluged the ozonator at the panel and the pumps work normally now, and the GFI does not trip. Do I need to replace the whole ozonator unit or can the valve be purchased seperately?

Thanks, the trouble shooting on this site is great.