Robotic Cleaners

CGS

Late last fall we had an 18 X 36 Kidney installed and my wife thinks we need to buy a robotic cleaner for this upcoming season. I am having a hard time finding customer reviews for these and am a little nervous spending a bug chunk of money on a product I know so little about. One of the cleaners I was looking at was the Baracuda S3 but can't find a single review any where.

Any help, or feedback based on personal experience would be appreciated.

Late last fall we had an 18 X 36 Kidney installed and my wife thinks we need to buy a robotic cleaner for this upcoming season. I am having a hard time finding customer reviews for these and am a little nervous spending a bug chunk of money on a product I know so little about. One of the cleaners I was looking at was the Baracuda S3 but can't find a single review any where.

I have been selling the Hayward tigershark with good responses from customerso. Polaris also a pool cleaner company just came out with one. Aquabot is also a common cleaner. Did the builder leave any plumbing options for a pressure cleaner like Polaris 380 or 3900?

I have been selling the Hayward tigershark with good responses from customerso. Polaris also a pool cleaner company just came out with one. Aquabot is also a common cleaner. Did the builder leave any plumbing options for a pressure cleaner like Polaris 380 or 3900?

Not sure if there any plumbing options as you mention. I'd have to ask. If these "options" would exist near the pump, it will be a haul as our pump/filter is ~50 feet from the pool.

Thanks for your response.

Not sure if there any plumbing options as you mention. I'd have to ask. If these "options" would exist near the pump, it will be a haul as our pump/filter is ~50 feet from the pool.

We use a ton of Hayward Tigershark QC's.Great cleaner, exceptional service, & very easy to own. We have NEVER had a customer that did not like the cleaner.

We use a ton of Hayward Tigershark QC's.Great cleaner, exceptional service, & very easy to own. We have NEVER had a customer that did not like the cleaner.

Thanks dorway

I saw a generic review on robotic cleaners that cautions people about these things spinning pebbles around the bottom of the pool putting holes through vinyl liners from time to time. Is this an anomaly or have other people heard this is a common problem.

Appreciate all the great feedback I have received so far. Trying to become as educated as possible.

The Hayward Tiger Shark is a good choice. Hayward purchased AquaVac, the original manufacturer of the cleaner, a couple of years ago. The cleaner itself has been around for years and this is the first I've heard of a problem with pebbles and liners. There is even an optional part you can add to the Tiger Shark to help out if you have high drain covers. It is a High Velocity Inlet that snaps on to the bottom of the unit. Also, if you are in a situation where you have a heavy clean up (spring opening or after a storm) there is a disposable cartridge available for about 8 bucks. :D

• 1 year later...

I have a small kidney shaped 'fun' pool....only 6000 gallons, flat bottomed with a tiles fllor and vertical painted concrete walls. The pool is a constant 42" deep.

I've been looking at various options of robotic pool cleaners and have a short list of 3:-

Aquabot Pool Rover Jnr.

Dolphin Orion II.

Smartpool KLEEN MACHINE.

Does anyone have any experience with these? The customer reviews I read vary wildly. Some people love them...some say they are useless toys.

Any feedback would be very helpful. I need someting which is LIGHTWEIGHT so forget suggesting any 20lb monsters. It MUST have it's own filter bag and run completely independant from my pool filter system.

thanks.

I have a small kidney shaped 'fun' pool....only 6000 gallons, flat bottomed with a tiles fllor and vertical painted concrete walls. The pool is a constant 42" deep.

I've been looking at various options of robotic pool cleaners and have a short list of 3:-

Aquabot Pool Rover Jnr.

Dolphin Orion II.

Smartpool KLEEN MACHINE.

Does anyone have any experience with these? The customer reviews I read vary wildly. Some people love them...some say they are useless toys.

Any feedback would be very helpful. I need someting which is LIGHTWEIGHT so forget suggesting any 20lb monsters. It MUST have it's own filter bag and run completely independant from my pool filter system.

thanks.

what other small, independant and lightweight (9 to 12lb) robotised cleaners do fellow members have experience with?

• 2 weeks later...

Aquabot Pool Rover Jnr.

Dolphin Orion II.

Smartpool KLEEN MACHINE.

thanks.

what other small, independant and lightweight (9 to 12lb) robotised cleaners do fellow members have experience with?

Nothing overly small, but my dad had a 20X40 in ground about 6-7 years ago and he used the Aquabot. I just purchased a house this year with a 18X36 in ground and purchased a Dolphin robotic cleaner the DX3. It is lighter than the aquabot was and about twice as fast. Does a great job.

• 5 years later...