Resin Vs Aluminum

southportmom

I know there has been a lot of discussion on the pros and cons of resin vs aluminum but......

I am still confused. I have a 17 month old and a 7 yr old. I want to purchase an above-ground pool.

I am considering a high qualilty resin pool like a Cornelius or Sharkline and aluminum pools like the Esther Williams (Wilbar) or EX Panel (King George) Pool. 15x30 oval buttress free. I plan to heat the pool.

1. Any comments on which one I should get ? There is about a $1,500 difference in price between resin and aluminum.

2. Also, any comments on whether the wall or floor foam that the companies offer is worth the money ?

• 2 weeks later...
I know there has been a lot of discussion on the pros and cons of resin vs aluminum but......

I am still confused. I have a 17 month old and a 7 yr old. I want to purchase an above-ground pool.

I am considering a high qualilty resin pool like a Cornelius or Sharkline and aluminum pools like the Esther Williams (Wilbar) or EX Panel (King George) Pool. 15x30 oval buttress free. I plan to heat the pool.

1. Any comments on which one I should get ? There is about a $1,500 difference in price between resin and aluminum.

2. Also, any comments on whether the wall or floor foam that the companies offer is worth the money ?

I have an esther williams and think it's a great pool. I was impressed with the liner that came with the Esther William pools and was lead to belive it was one of the better liners you could purchase. That with the extruded alluminum sealed the deal for me.

If you plan to heat the pool I would opt for the foam. I don't heat my pool, but I have a light, and at night, looking down on the pool I can see every little imperfection in the sand that's under my liner. If I had to do it over again, I would at least put in the floor and cove foam.

I have an esther williams and think it's a great pool. I was impressed with the liner that came with the Esther William pools and was lead to belive it was one of the better liners you could purchase. That with the extruded alluminum sealed the deal for me.

If you plan to heat the pool I would opt for the foam. I don't heat my pool, but I have a light, and at night, looking down on the pool I can see every little imperfection in the sand that's under my liner. If I had to do it over again, I would at least put in the floor and cove foam.

Is your Ester Williams completed above-ground or semi-inground ? The advice I received so far is that if I am not burying any portion of the pool, then a resin pool is the way to go. No point in spending the extra money ?

Is your Ester Williams completed above-ground or semi-inground ? The advice I received so far is that if I am not burying any portion of the pool, then a resin pool is the way to go. No point in spending the extra money ?

Mine is completey above ground. I'd have to bring in dynamite to get my pool in ground. My town is one big rock. :huh:

I was told that here in New england they could only partialy bury the pool. Maybe in other parts of the country you can completley bury the pool? But in freezing areas, I belive the pool is only rated to be burried 3 feet.

I chose the extruded aluminum because it wont crack, or rust and extruded aluminum is structually superior to resin and stamped steel. Since I plan on building a custom deck around this pool I decided not to take any chances and go with what I belive to be the best above ground pool.

I cannot commnet on the other pools you menitoned as I have no expericence with them. The only advice I would give is that if you are planning on having the pool for years to come, to stay away from the discount super stores (NAMCO) and go with an established dealer with a solid record and have it proffesionaly installed.