Master Spa Eco Pur

clydesdale13

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am looking for a reasonable spot to get the inner eco pur mineral filters for my Master Spa. Any ideas or does anyone know who makes them for Master?

The idea of the Eco P is to make money from the sales of the parts. There are other ways to go, that don't require "exclusive parts".

Several customers come in to our store and have put in regulare filters, started using ions and a regular water treatment system that costs about $100 per year.

I am looking for a reasonable spot to get the inner eco pur mineral filters for my Master Spa. Any ideas or does anyone know who makes them for Master?

The manufacturer Pleatco for filter cartriges makes the eco and filter cartridge in one for a fraction of the price. Look for a pleatco dealer and they will save you alot of money.

• 7 months later...

The manufacturer Pleatco for filter cartriges makes the eco and filter cartridge in one for a fraction of the price. Look for a pleatco dealer and they will save you alot of money.

FYI...The inner filters Pleatco makes are made with a Microban paper material. While Microban does inhibit the growth of bacteria, it is not even close to the same thing as the Eco Pur filter. Bottom line... you will spend a lot more on chemicals if you use the pleatco filter vs the OEM. Feel free to email me at leisureworks@gmail.com if you are interested in purchasing some reasonably priced Eco Pur filters.

Kreg

FYI...The inner filters Pleatco makes are made with a Microban paper material. While Microban does inhibit the growth of bacteria, it is not even close to the same thing as the Eco Pur filter. Bottom line... you will spend a lot more on chemicals if you use the pleatco filter vs the OEM. Feel free to email me at leisureworks@gmail.com if you are interested in purchasing some reasonably priced Eco Pur filters.

Kreg

Yeah PLEATCO is the way to go because the ecopur is within the filter itself for only a fraction of the price. PCS40 is the most common Master/Pleatco #. What model do you have?

Kreg

Yeah PLEATCO is the way to go because the ecopur is within the filter itself for only a fraction of the price. PCS40 is the most common Master/Pleatco #. What model do you have?

Please don't mislead people so you can profit from it. Any blue color filter is made with microban only, including the pleatco ones, and is NOT EVEN CLOSE to the same thing as an Eco Pur cartridge. Microban is not a sanitizer, and Eco Pur is. Plus, the OEM are made with two separate filters because their lifespans are different. Inner filter every 6 months, outer filter every year to two years.

Kreg

Please don't mislead people so you can profit from it. Any blue color filter is made with microban only, including the pleatco ones, and is NOT EVEN CLOSE to the same thing as an Eco Pur cartridge. Microban is not a sanitizer, and Eco Pur is. Plus, the OEM are made with two separate filters because their lifespans are different. Inner filter every 6 months, outer filter every year to two years.

Well put buddy! See u in the DR in October!

I would like to see where it states the eco pur is an approved sanitizer in spas all I saw was "This stage helps destroys most bacteria, algae and fungi that may be present, using a mineral process that has been approved as a safe and effective treatment for drinking water" Directly from the Master website. This is quite misleading because nowhere does it say the eco pur has been approved for spas as a sanitizer. Its no different than a Nature 2 or Spa frog Mineral stick. Bottom line you probably wont spend more money on chems by going to the pleatco. Just another sales Gimmick IMEO

I would like to see where it states the eco pur is an approved sanitizer in spas all I saw was "This stage helps destroys most bacteria, algae and fungi that may be present, using a mineral process that has been approved as a safe and effective treatment for drinking water" Directly from the Master website. This is quite misleading because nowhere does it say the eco pur has been approved for spas as a sanitizer. Its no different than a Nature 2 or Spa frog Mineral stick. Bottom line you probably wont spend more money on chems by going to the pleatco. Just another sales Gimmick IMEO

Isn't that what a sanitizer does? The Eco-Pur sanitizes water to NSF standards for drinking water. Nature 2, Spa Frog, or Pleatco can't make that claim because it is not the same thing! Unless you have seen the effectivness of the Eco Pur first hand, I guess I can see why you would think it is a gimmick. It isn't.

Isn't that what a sanitizer does?

No, ABSOLUTELY not. The EPA has VERY strict "laws" on what is, and what can, be called a sanitizer. My recollection is that to be called a sanitizer the EPA must test and show that "it" will KILL 99.99% of bacteria in no more than 20 minutes. "Sanitizes water to NSF standards for drinking water" in no way automatically qualifies as a sanitizer for spas.

"helps destroys", is NOT a sanitizer and can NOT be called such.

Being able to be called a sanitizer is a privilege, an honor, and legal legitimate proof that in fact it is a sanitizer. Dancing around the word (sanitizer) is simply an attempt to "convince" you, using wording that is not disallowed by the EPA.

Isn't that what a sanitizer does?

No, ABSOLUTELY not. The EPA has VERY strict "laws" on what is, and what can, be called a sanitizer. My recollection is that to be called a sanitizer the EPA must test and show that "it" will KILL 99.99% of bacteria in no more than 20 minutes. "Sanitizes water to NSF standards for drinking water" in no way automatically qualifies as a sanitizer for spas.

"helps destroys", is NOT a sanitizer and can NOT be called such.

Being able to be called a sanitizer is a privilege, an honor, and legal legitimate proof that in fact it is a sanitizer. Dancing around the word (sanitizer) is simply an attempt to "convince" you, using wording that is not disallowed by the EPA.

Eco Pur EPA# 059780-PA-001. Take a moment to educate yourself. TaaaaaDaaaaaaaaah!

But I did do a google search for

"eco pur" epa

Most of the results said, "that does not require chemical registration with the EPA"

If it ain't registered, it isn't a sanitizer.

I be a edimicated. Was so personally by the most beautiful blonde EPA agent, and her partner, a few years back when she came through my doors flashing guns and badges

But I did do a google search for

"eco pur" epa

Most of the results said, "that does not require chemical registration with the EPA"

If it ain't registered, it isn't a sanitizer.

I be a edimicated. Was so personally by the most beautiful blonde EPA agent, and her partner, a few years back when she came through my doors flashing guns and badges

I'm sure Master Spas just made up the EPA# written on the side of the Eco Pur Box! Which seems more likely...they just made it up, or you aren't looking in the right place?

From the MasterSpa website:

The Advantages of Mineral Purification

Destroys most bacteria, pathogens, algae and fungi

Removes heavy metals like lead and mercury from water

Removes calcium carbonate and hydrogen sulphide from spa water to protect heaters and equipment from precipitation

Helps stabilize the pH and alkalinity of the spa water

Reduces 95% of chemical usage and still provides safe odor-free water

Depletes excess chlorine after chemical shock to prevent damage to hair and swimwear

All-natural, environmentally safe sanitizing system that does not require chemical registration with the EPA

Produces ultra clean, clear water

Requires maintenance only after usage

Terminator

Removes calcium carbonate and hydrogen sulphide from spa water to protect heaters and equipment from precipitation

Depletes excess chlorine after chemical shock to prevent damage to hair and swimwear

All-natural, environmentally safe sanitizing system that does not require chemical registration with the EPA

Terminator

And all of that wording is leagally allowed by the EPA because it's not being called a sanitizer.

Terminator

And all of that wording is leagally allowed by the EPA because it's not being called a sanitizer.

I think we are getting a little off topic. Some guy wanted to get cheap eco pur filters, and now we are having a debate about the EPA! That's why I hate this board sometimes. Everyone is always trying to make a buck instead of answering the person's question. By the way, this description does say "safe sanitizing system" does it not??

Kreg

Well put buddy! See u in the DR in October!

Actually its not off topic since you opened up the floor by stating its a sanitizer and trying to make money off the guy by telling him he couldnt buy the cheaper non OEM because you wanted to sell him your filters. This is where the forum actually works for the consumer when stuff like this is exposed. Yeah I would hate it too if I got called on a lie.

Actually its not off topic since you opened up the floor by stating its a sanitizer and trying to make money off the guy by telling him he couldnt buy the cheaper non OEM because you wanted to sell him your filters. This is where the forum actually works for the consumer when stuff like this is exposed. Yeah I would hate it too if I got called on a lie.

I agree, the topic is running its course properly in this case IMO while providing interesting and relative information about this type of filter (what is it, what does it do, do I want/need it).

Kreg

Save some money and but yourself a pleatco to change out every year.

Well put. Just save your money and but a pleatco.

Terminator

I think we are getting a little off topic. Some guy wanted to get cheap eco pur filters, and now we are having a debate about the EPA! That's why I hate this board sometimes. Everyone is always trying to make a buck instead of answering the person's question. By the way, this description does say "safe sanitizing system" does it not??

We are on the topic of Ecopur and Masters Deceptive way of misleading consumers into believing a nonconforming "EPA" standard as a sanitizer when in fact you can buy a pleatco with the same title for a fraction of the price. Go to your local pool or spa store for a quote on a pleatco. You can even cross reference a Unicel from the pleatco book but I am not sure they offer a similar product.

Terminator

We are on the topic of Ecopur and Masters Deceptive way of misleading consumers into believing a nonconforming "EPA" standard as a sanitizer when in fact you can buy a pleatco with the same title for a fraction of the price. Go to your local pool or spa store for a quote on a pleatco. You can even cross reference a Unicel from the pleatco book but I am not sure they offer a similar product.

The only deception taking place is everyone trying to convince people that a Reemay(microban) Pleatco filter is the same thing as an Eco Pur cartridge. THEY AREN'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Obviously, you have never even seen an Eco Pur filter because they are most definately different. Eco Pur is a sanitizer (EPA# 059780-PA-001) and Microban in a pleatco filter IS NOT. When the customers reading your posts get Hot Tub Foliculitous because there tub was not sanitized properly, I hope they sue your pants off!

Took me a minute.. and running out to get a hair cut.

Eco Pur is NOT an EPA registered product and is NOT a sanitizer.

That number you give, EPA# 059780-PA-001, it's NOT an EPA registration number! See how it ACTULLY says EPA est. # 059780-PA-001. The "est" WOULD be "reg", if in fact it were an EPA REGISTERED product............. now it's your turn to go get edimicated. What is the difference between an EPA registration and an EPA establishment?

Oh hecK, I'll help you out....... All that number indicates is the location where the product was manufactured.

In fact Kreg, when you copied the EPA number here, YOU chose to leave off the est part of the number printed on the package. EVERY EPA number printed on packaging is printed as either "EPA reg" (indication a registration number) or EPA est (indicating an establisment nuimber). Why did you chose to omit this????

The only deception taking place is everyone trying to convince people that a Reemay(microban) Pleatco filter is the same thing as an Eco Pur cartridge. THEY AREN'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Obviously, you have never even seen an Eco Pur filter because they are most definately different. Eco Pur is a sanitizer (EPA# 059780-PA-001) and Microban in a pleatco filter IS NOT. When the customers reading your posts get Hot Tub Foliculitous because there tub was not sanitized properly, I hope they sue your pants off!