Warning If Anyone Is Looking At Dream Maker Spa

ps558

Since the the end of december Dream Maker which control pack from Balboa to Consumer Engineering. These new packs have loads of problems.

1st All were sent out with wrong size fuse needs a 20 amp

2nd If the fuse blows it make the topside control not function properly and spa does what ever it wants

3rd They very reluctant to fix these problems by reissuing a new Balboa Pack

If you looking at them or just bought one. Take the front access panel off and look at the control box. If it a blue plastic box it is a CE Product if it a aluminum box it should a Balboa. Both are labeled with manufactures name.

Since the the end of december Dream Maker which control pack from Balboa to Consumer Engineering. These new packs have loads of problems.

2nd If the fuse blows it make the topside control not function properly and spa does what ever it wants

If you looking at them or just bought one. Take the front access panel off and look at the control box. If it a blue plastic box it is a CE Product if it a aluminum box it should a Balboa. Both are labeled with manufactures name.

Thank you sir. I service them and you probably saved me some time.

• 1 month later...

Update.

The problems with new CEI pack has been resolved. They forgot to water proof the topside control. It would get damp ans blow the 20 amp fuse. New topsides are available now and all new spas have them. The way to tell it lift up the overlay sticker on the control panel and on the right side all new ones have a red bead in the silicone gel.

If your dreammaker has a white colored trim to it, don't worry it a Balboa topside control

• 1 year later...

MY Dream Maker control buttons are not working they tell me they don't have any in stock ? Is it just a blown fuse ? or is it a wet button ?

<!--quoteo(post=101237:date=Feb 19 2010, 05:49 PM:name=Peteyboy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Peteyboy @ Feb 19 2010, 05:49 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=101237"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=101231:date=Feb 19 2010, 12:38 PM:name=ps558)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ps558 @ Feb 19 2010, 12:38 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=101231"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Since the the end of december Dream Maker which control pack from Balboa to Consumer Engineering. These new packs have loads of problems.

If you looking at them or just bought one. Take the front access panel off and look at the control box. If it a blue plastic box it is a CE Product if it a aluminum box it should a Balboa. Both are labeled with manufactures name.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Update.

The problems with new CEI pack has been resolved. They forgot to water proof the topside control. It would get damp ans blow the 20 amp fuse. New topsides are available now and all new spas have them. The way to tell it lift up the overlay sticker on the control panel and on the right side all new ones have a red bead in the silicone gel.

If your dreammaker has a white colored trim to it, don't worry it a Balboa topside control

If some of the buttons work but not others, then it is likely a topside controller issue. You can order a new one online (you'll need the controller and the matching overlay sticker). see here I had to replace mine recently. The jet button was working, but I could no longer adjust the temp. Mine was still under warranty though.

<!--quoteo(post=101237:date=Feb 19 2010, 05:49 PM:name=Peteyboy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Peteyboy @ Feb 19 2010, 05:49 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=101237"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=101231:date=Feb 19 2010, 12:38 PM:name=ps558)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ps558 @ Feb 19 2010, 12:38 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=101231"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Since the the end of december Dream Maker which control pack from Balboa to Consumer Engineering. These new packs have loads of problems.

If you looking at them or just bought one. Take the front access panel off and look at the control box. If it a blue plastic box it is a CE Product if it a aluminum box it should a Balboa. Both are labeled with manufactures name.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Update.

Yeah right.

They went through several revisions, yet the issue never went away. It seemed to get worse.

The silver Balboa boxes are sturdy, but the blue ones were a roll of the dice.

Now, if they could only address their leak issues...

problems with leaks, we used to sell them we did for about 4 years we stopped selling them about 4 years ago, i can tell you we sold lots of them, did not see many problems at all with them, a few pumps, a few boards, a few topsides, on the leaks! we had one spa with a legitamte leak many others were caused by the jets they would become loose on the threads allowing water to back through . once tightened they were gone,, the biggest beef our customers had was the heat stick and no true heater,,,in our neck of the woods in the winter would take a long time to heat....

I started seeing leak issues around the time they were using the CE (roto) packs (blue box).

I've been servicing them since approx 2004. Never had unusual issues until the last year, possibly 18 months. Unusually high failure rate with new spa's, no amount of "tightening" the jetwall, suction, or filter fittings would repair- all leaks inside foam cavity, nothing accessible from equip compartment.

Good to hear that no one else is experiencing the same issues.

• 3 months later...

I just had a Big EZ delivered last Friday and although no problems so far, I'm getting creeped out by reading about the leak thing. If its starts leaking around the jets, thats cool, just as long as its NOT on the casing. Thanks for the heads up.