Costco Platinum elite spa

Guest Shelly Solum

Guest Shelly Solum

Hey Just bought a tub from Costco. It didn't come with any instructions. Has anyone bought a Costco tub? Any Problem. Also, Do we just fill it up OR Clean and start chemical treatment without water for the first time? THANKS!

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We saw that at a Costco store this weekend and there was no booklet of information on it. On the web, your question is the only thing that pops up (it is not even on the Costco site). Have you had responses to your question?

Do you like the spa?

Did you have to do your own set-up?

It's a lot of money with not much information!

Thank you and good luck.

We heard about this hot tub at Costco and I am wondering if you like it and if you got the information that you were needing. Please let me know everything you have experienced so far, good and bad.

Thanks

Guest Diane Hayden

Hi all

We too purchased the platinum elite from a costco in California and like all of you, it did not come with any instructions, although the floor model did have a plastic bag with instructions to spa setup, start-up, aroatherpy and a seperate manuel for the radio/CD player. We were not able to obtain it once we realized our spa came without. Jeff is correct, you can download and print the 26 page manuel by going directly to the website at wwwelitespas.com, a search will not get you there. Also I found out that elite spas only makes this one model, and the real name of the company is Hydro Spas @ www.hydrospas.com or search hydro spas. I think that hydro makes this one spa for costco and no other dealers and did not use the hydro name so their dealers would not get angry. A hydro spa with the same features runs at retail about 5,000. to 7,000. dollars. The phone number on the elite spa manuel is 1-800-749-8003, they answer their phones as HYDRO SPA, the contact person for their costco accounts is Alan. So far they have sent me 2 manuels and a sample of aromatherpy beads, still waiting for the radio/cd manuel. We have had the spa hooked up and filled for three days now and we love it, the seats are comfy and every jets is adjustable. It took about 6 hours to heat up for the first time to 101 degrees. You all know you need 220 hook up, right? Hope this helps you all.

Diane

Guest Shelly Solum

Hey, We love our tub too. Ours did come with the manual for the cd player. It is awesome. Getting the chemicals figured out noe. Thanks for the response!

Shelly

Hi Everyone,

We are interested in the spa as well, and sounds as if everyone is happy with it thus far. One question: how did you get it home? Does Costco deliver and if so what did they charge, or did you have to pick it up?

Thanks..........

Guest Dave Wharton

I am interested in buying an Elite Spa Platinum but have a few questions that perhaps some of you may know the answers:

(a) Where are these hot tubs made including the parts ???

(B) The warranty excludes spas used outside USA (well I live in Canada)??

© Costco sells on a cash and carry basis. If there is damage to the tub how do you prove when the damage occurred??

(d) How do you get a list of dealers i.e if there is a warranty problem who is the contact. I am always wary when I can't get a list of dealers.

(e) With the spa lift, how much clear space at the side is required to operate the lift and place the cover at the side of the tub??

Certainly this spa appears to have many features especially for the price.

Guest Beverly Smith

We are very interested in purchasing one of these spas but cannot find a Costco that carries them. Please, please where in California did you purchase yours?

Guest Beverly Smith

Are there any Costco's in Southern California that carry this spa? I have been going crazy trying to locate one we can purchase from. Costco internet doesn't have a clue and neither do any of the Costco warehouses I have called. Saw one in Idaho and loved it. HELLP, HELP, HELP Thanks

Guest Ballestero

Re: Service.....Is there a rep in Sacramento? Have a new spa and it leaks. Can't seem to get anywhere with the service tech. that was sent out. Does any one have any info. on a good tech.

i have searched everywhere for this tub. it looks like they have clearanced these tubs. they have no idea if they are ever going to get this tub back in. i was 3 hours late on the floor model. dollar for dollar, this tub was the best i have seen (i have been searching for a while). i'm glad to hear no bad reports for this tub. keeping my fingers crossed for more stock near Pittsburgh Pa.

Guest Shelly Solum

It was not a deliverable item., They( Costco) sold it to us and shut the door. It was our problem to get home. Let me tell you, it was the worst 2 hour trip I've ever had. We stopped for dinner and I had to have a glass of wine, We used a car trailer and the tub was on it's side. We bought 16 ft long tie downs (from Costco) and did the best we could. We got it hopme. But GEEZE what a ride. Good luck

Hi everyone'

I'm interested to by one - Elite Spa Platinum - from Costco.

Question: Does it come with a "Breaker GFD or GFI", or we have to buy it separatly ?

Thanks,

We have located a used one of these and she wants $7800 for it, what is the Costco price. She says they used it 10 times. What about service and parts availability if it is a discontinued model?

Thank you.

Guest Tony Russo

We have been anxiously waiting for one to arrive at our local Costco & were wondering if anyone had advice on trasporting it & placing it on site. Spa dealers have a thing called a spa dolly but I am sure UHaul does not have one for rent.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Where is the power cable inlet on the outside cabinet? The manual shows it to be on the lower left side as you face the control panel ( from the outside front).

I am ready to install mine and it is still sitting in the trailer. After inspecting all but the front side, the inlet remains undiscovered.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

D.Gan

Guest Diane Hayden

We transported our spa home with a uhaul rental although we do have a pickup we were not sure if would fit, still not sure. sorry. We also rented a pushlift from the rental equipment yard, it's kinda like a dolly and forlift in one (not real sure of the name) also used 4 male neighbors, for the price of a six pack. Those of you with technical questions on parts and service and warranties heres the number to call 1-800-749-8003, this is the numer to hydro spa, they are the manufacture of the Platinum Elite Spa, they are based on the Eastcoast, Florida I believe, they are a pretty big company in the spa industry. Alan is the one to ask about discountinued models and how to get one or if they are still making them for costco, he is in charge of all Costco Accounts. Beverly in California, we bought ours in Northern California at the Fremont Costco about 70 miles north of us, I suggest calling Alan and see what Costco they ship to, maybe you might get a headstart on delivery because they do sell within hours. Last weekend I saw 3 new ones in the Sand City Costco near Monterey Ca. wrapped in white plastic, with none on display. All where laying on their sides with a little paper tag with item # and price. If I had not purchased one already, I would have walked by it without knowing it was a spa. You can also call the Fremont, Gilroy or Seaside store and get Item #, then call your local stores for availability. Hope this helps. We have had ours for about a month now and used it everyday and love it.

Diane

Save yourself the misery and buy a real Costco spa - the ones manufactured by Keys Backyard that Costco sells via it's spa roadshows.

Many of you report loving your Elite hydrospa, but how about a couple replies with your new Electric Bill from running a non-insulated hot tub? I have several cases where the new Elite owners report their power bills increasing by over $100 per month, and that's in the summer! Imagine what that spa is going to cost you in the winter months! Good thing Costco has a great return policy....

Save yourself the misery and buy a real Costco spa - the ones manufactured by Keys Backyard that Costco sells via it's spa roadshows.

Many of you report loving your Elite hydrospa, but how about a couple replies with your new Electric Bill from running a non-insulated hot tub? I have several cases where the new Elite owners report their power bills increasing by over $100 per month, and that's in the summer! Imagine what that spa is going to cost you in the winter months! Good thing Costco has a great return policy....

Diane,

Since you are so helpful; have you noticed a $100 jump in your electric bill? If you're in the Monterey area, you get some pretty cold nights--even in the summer. I know, I lived there most of my life.

Thanks, Ken

According to the Elite spec sheet, they are well-insulated. Can anyone out there make some kind of remark about the change in their electric bill as a result of hooking up their spa?

Guest Beverly Smith

Thanks for reply - I have called many Costco stores and have talked to main Costco warehouse. Also talked to Alan and nobody wants to give out any information about this spa. Very disappointed.