Costco Platinum elite spa

Guest Shelly Solum

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a platinum elite spa in warrenton oregon about five months ago. Had been researching spas for a while and nothing even came close to this one in features and price. Have been using it for three months with zero defects and love it. These also come with the cover lift. Mine did not have one with the package but the costco price tag said one comes with it. Called hydro spa and recieved one within five days. For those of you who are complaining about power, I live in a fairly mild climate. Not hot and not cold. My power bill so far has increased approx 30 per month give or take a couple of bucks. I use it three to four times per week. Price will vary depending on how many times it is used. Do wonder how long the speakers will last though. Should be easy to replace with some outdoor bose. This may be one of the best costco purchases I have every made.

This is coming from an addmitted costcoholic.

Guest frank in the warehouse

just get in without water and drytest the spa by turning it on ...just to test the pumps...to see if they are heavy duty...then sprinkle 1/2 of the chemicals around the spa on the floor... then put the other 1/2 in the filter area...then fill with water while the spa is running

Guest frank in the warehouse

just get in without water and drytest the spa by turning it on ...just to test the pumps...to see if they are heavy duty...then sprinkle 1/2 of the chemicals around the spa on the floor... then put the other 1/2 in the filter area...then fill with water while the spa is running

Have tried to call the 1-800-749-8003 number posted on this message board and ask for Alan and the person answering has nothing to do with Elite spas or Hydro Spas. This makes me wary about purchasing this spa as I was planning. Can anyone help me with the correct number? I need to know if I need to wait until I get the spa to wire it for 220 or if I can have an electrician out before purchase? Any info. on this would be helpful.

Thank you

Brenda

I work for costco and know from research you can not find a better deal.

dem 87-87-37 inches 325 gallons jets60 50water/10air JBL cd/am/fm/pop up speakers, warranty lifetime structural, 10 year surface , lifetime Manifold plumbing, 2 years parts and service, waterfall, stay tuff pedestal base, seats 6

spa cover 5''x3'' tapered for water run off Cover lift included.

4 pillows

3 pumps 2-3hp pumps and 1-1.5 circulation pump

50 stainless steel jets

aroma therapy and anti-microbial

If looking to locate one call local costco (look on costco.com for #)

item # 876912

hot tubs cost about 1 dollar a day to run.

price is $3500 not including tax

Costco is cash and carry so call a moving company or look for spa specialty movers thats what we did.

or call local hottub dealer money is money even if its moving competions spas.

electricion get at least three bids they like the tub in place when they hook it up,

Tub does not have to be there for bid.

you need 220 gfi. GFI is not included.

I hope this helps WE LOVE OUR TUB.

We installed our spa last month and have used it regularly. Last night the instrument panel was flashing red lights and the temperature is decreasing. I tried going to www.elitespas.com (per Jeff on 6-16) but was unable to connect. Then tried www.hydrospas.com (per Diane on 6-26) but could not open any page but the home page so could not download a manual which would tell me what the lights mean or give things to look for when the temperature is going down.

Any ideas?

Thank you. You were a great help. One thing I was looking for in addition to

the info. you sent was the 800 number. I called the one posted and asked

for Alan as mentioned and the person that answers doesn't have anything to

do with spas or the like. Do you have a number? The one I have is

1-800-749-8003 and it doesn't work. Please help if you can. Again thank you

for the other info. I plan on picking one up next week when there shipment

comes in if I can get more information on it.

Brenda

Hello!

Are you familar with the Keys Spa Discovery 651? If so could you comment on quailty, set-up, any other comments? Thank you! I just purchased one and waiting for delivery and having some buyer remorse.

Hi, we just ordered the Keys Spa Discovery 651, we too are looking for some info, their website, www.keysbackyard.com does not say much. It appears that they just purchased the business formerly known as Image Spa, sold by HomeDepot, but could not find info on the 651

Hi

We talked with Bill quite a while yesterday at the Federal Way Costco abou tthe Disc overy 651 and Discovery 641 spas. They are on sale through Costco until tomorrow. The 651 is $5699. The 641 is $4799.

We were very impressed with Bill and his lack of hard-sell. He pointed out to us that Costco asked Cascade Spas to double the warranty. So they have a 10-year warranty on the structure and 4 years on the parts. That's not bad.

I'm just wondering if any one has purchased one of these yet. Another person we know, who used to sell spas, said these same spas sell for thousands of dollars more than what these are being offered for through Costco.

The bummer is that the sale ends tomorrow.

Comments anyone?

We just purchased a Discovery 651 at the Home Depot road show from an Image Spa rep - did not have one on site, but recommended it highly, and said it came from Costco as well. I can't find it there or at Home Depot. No info at Imagespa.com or keysbackyard.com. The links above, however, seem to have what is stated - I found the manual.

One question though: Is the Platinum Elite Spa, in fact, the ImageSpa Discovery 651? I too am wondering if I should be having some buyers remorse, amplified by the fact that I have no concise description of what was purschased, just a salesman's word for it. This sounds like what he described, and it appears to be a good deal if so, but I would like some certainty that they are the same before I allow delivery.

These spas are sometimes good deals but not great deals IMO. They are a good price mostly because they are a basic spa (nothing wrong with that unless you think you're buying steak at the hamburger price). I personally would always want to wet test a spa before purchasing so it just seems crazy to me that someone would actaully buy one site unseen. I guess it's based on the Costco reputation and it still seems crazy but it's at least better than the people who buy them off the internet or from some guy selling out of a storage place. The other thing to consider is regradless of what you may be promised, having a warranty and getting warranty service are two separate things so ask for a number of who will service the spa and actualyl call them to make sure they agree that they'll be there if needed. Too often its a hassle to get someone to fix these spas as there is no local dealer and often the owner becomes the service person (often, not always).

I saw the same tub and it is a great deal. The only thing it doesn't come with a cover so you would need to order one for it.

You need to know the electircal requirements as an electrician needs to hook them up. YOu could wipe it out (just for the dust) fill it up and take a water sample to your local pool place for them to do the initial testing (once it has reached desired temp). They will tell you what chemicals you will need to maintain proper levels.

Enjoy!!

We were looking at a Keys spa while at Costco yesterday. How are they? We are considering buying one. I can't find anything online about Keys spas.

Any information will be greatly appreciated!

I am wondering what people are using for chemicals for initial startup. We just purchased this spa and have yet to use it. Do you use chlorine or bromine and what made you decide which to use? The intruction manual doesnt really have clear start-up procedures. Thanks to anyone who can help.

Tamra

Tamra,

We chose the bromine for our costco hot tub. It is your choice as to which you want to use. The chemical man we bought our supplies from said that with children it might be easier to use bromine rather than chlorine. Bromine is not as harsh on your clothes and skin as chlorine and is easier to take care of. Have fun in your new tub, we Love ours.

Brenda

Guest Guest_Paul_*

Does anyone in Canada own one of these hot tubs from Costco? What feedback do you have. I think they are new and have not seen a Canadian winter? Concerned about service. Thanks

Guest Guest_Paul_*

Does anyone in Canada own one of these hot tubs from Costco? What feedback do you have. I think they are new and have not seen a Canadian winter? Concerned about service. Thanks

Guest SpaShopper

So this Costco spa sounds good -- the one on their web site, not so good. What is the configuration for this elusive Elita Platnum spa? how many motors, jets? Lounger or no? We may begin pursuing this, as it seems Costco often offers a good deal for the $$. And excellent return service if not satisfied. Thanks!

can someone post about monthly electric bill rise, conflicting reports on this tub $30. a month all the way to $100. I know it depends on how much you use, but how about an average? Thanks