Storing Jugs Of Liquid Chlorine And Chlorine Tablets

dogfriend

After moving into a house with a swimming pool, I found out the hard way that vapors from brand new (unopened) gallon jugs of liquid acid stored in a cabinet in my garage caused corrosion/degradation of the metal hinges inside the cabinet.

My question is:

Will I have the same corrosion/degradation of the metal hinges if I store jugs of liquid chlorine and/or chlorine tablets in my garage cabinets?

Of course, I always keep the liquid acid (now stored outside on a covered patio) and chlorine well away from each other.

Thanks-

Both containers are likely to be vented which prevents the buildup of gasses from degradation that could otherwise burst the container. The acid is more damaging than the chlorine, but both can corrode metal. You'll probably have less of an issue with the chlorine, but realistically both should be kept in a well-ventilated area and not in closed storage (if you can).