Sandance Vs Jacuzzi

suzi1

We have been looking at spas and really like the open well of the Jacuzzi 280. We had our mind pretty much made up on that spa, but we were told to look at the Sundance Hartford. Now we are confused. Any input on why to buy one over the other would be great help.

We have been looking at spas and really like the open well of the Jacuzzi 280. We had our mind pretty much made up on that spa, but we were told to look at the Sundance Hartford. Now we are confused. Any input on why to buy one over the other would be great help.

I can't comment on the Jacuzzi but last year I purchased a Sundance Hawthorne, which is basically the same as the Hartford (both 680 series) but with a lounger instead of 2 seats.

http://www.sundancespas.com/680Series/680Series.html

After nearly 6 months I'm very happy with this tub - no issues whatsoever, and great dealer support. You're probably already aware that both of these tubs are at the 'low-end' of the Sundance range, which basically means you don't get the fancy aromatherapy and fluidix jet options, but nevertheless you do get a solid, quality, well insulated tub which should last for many years - but I can't yet qualify that statement!

When I bought mine I persuaded the dealer to throw in the 'optional' 24 hour circ pump, ozonator, stainless jets and LED lights for the same price - this may be normal practice, so you should try the same.

For what it's worth I've also read Jacuzzi and Sundance are in fact the same company.

I can't comment about the J-280 and the Sundance Hartford, but I CAN directly compare the two manufacturer's flagship models, the J-480 and the Maxxus, as I have owned both.

The Sundance Maxxus is far superior to the Jacuzzi in every aspect. Assuming this same principle applies to the lower end models, I would go with the Sundance.

People keep talking about how Sundance and Jacuzzi are owned by the same company, built in the same factory, etc. but that is about the only similarity...they are not simply rebadged versions of each other. Sundance = Lexus....Jacuzzi = Toyota

Sundance Spas and Jacuzzi are different divisions within the same company.

http://www.sundancespas.com/AboutUs/Press/...ckgrounder.html

In 1998, Sundance Spas became a part of Jacuzzi Group Worldwide family of companies.

Look at the seating styles, and over-all feature sets and decide which one fits you better. :)

I can't comment about the J-280 and the Sundance Hartford, but I CAN directly compare the two manufacturer's flagship models, the J-480 and the Maxxus, as I have owned both.

The Sundance Maxxus is far superior to the Jacuzzi in every aspect. Assuming this same principle applies to the lower end models, I would go with the Sundance.

People keep talking about how Sundance and Jacuzzi are owned by the same company, built in the same factory, etc. but that is about the only similarity...they are not simply rebadged versions of each other. Sundance = Lexus....Jacuzzi = Toyota

careful..the throttle might stick.

The beautiful thing about a free market -- is that you have choices. And once in awhile, you have to make a difficult choice. When we made ours (Jacuzzi vs. Arctic, we went with the Arctic) it wasn't easy, because there were great features in both -- and we had local dealers in whom we had confidence, but we also knew, in our case, we wouldn't go wrong either way.

You have to weigh over all the factors and decide yourself, because it seems like you've found two great products which compare well to each other.

Good luck , it isn't easy!

We had looked at a variety of tubs and could not decide. I ended up taking a similar approach to when one buys a car and e-mailing hot tub dealers within a hundred mile radius of where I live. The dealer (where I ended up buying) had several left over 2007 models and wanted to move them. They quoted some excellent prices and I went to look. The Hartford was the nicest tub I could find at the price point I wanted to pay (and it actually came in less than my price point.) It is a good, solid, quality tub. It does not have all the "bells and whistles" but I didn't want those anyway. I enjoy the way it sits and the number of jets are more than adequate for my needs. We were looking at the Jacuzzi 280 also but the deciding factor was price. Still do not regret the decision.