Wet Testing Swimspas...

Greyone

I'm a Retired Disabled Veteran and the Government is getting me a swimspa for my home so I can exercise and get the therapy required for my medical conditions.

Help!!! I need a good swimspa 12-16ft long to go in my finished basement and with my medical can't afford a headache after the installation is done.

That being said.. I'm doing research on Swimspas, I can't find but one swimspa setup anywhere that I can wet test. The only one that is setup is a Masterspa and not the model I'm looking at.

Cost is a factor. I'm not sure how much the VA is willing to spend, but they want several quotes.

I've been looking at the Masterspas H2X Crosstrainer 2. I'm not worried about pressure sales etc.

After being in special forces for 21yrs.. I have no quams about throwing them out a window of my house if they get silly with me. The Shop Owner I'm working with is a veteran and I beleive I'm getting a great deal and 0 pressure by the way..

I just want to make sure the swimspa is a good spa.

The dealer I'm working with is a Veteran willing to get me a fully loaded H2X Crosstrainer 2 with upgraded frame, stereo, LED Lights, Cover, Steps, Stainless Jets, Chemicals and extra filter.. Basically all the options available for under 20k delivered. MSRP on this is suppose to be around 30k..

Note.. I need the swimspa to also have therapy seats for my circulation and swimming so I can get my work-outs..

So here's why I'm typing this.

1. Need opinions on the H2X Crosstrainer 2 from people that have tried this spa or own it.

2. Is this a good price for the spa?

3. Suggestions on other spa compareable to the H2X crosstrainer that have good swimming jets and a therapy seating area.

This spa is very important to my health and just want to make sure I get a good spa that will last.

Thanks!

Wow.. A whole day asking for suggestions on Swimspa and opinions and not one post. I guess these boards are a waste fo time.

I don't think you are going to find many opinions on a 30K spa anywhere.

That is a very high ticket item that most cannot afford so by price alone excludes many from having one.

Secondly, for that amount of money, a nice in ground pool can be had, thereby excluding even more from the swim spa.

These forums are great, but you cannot expect people to answer questions that they do not have answers for.

I don't own one, so take this as pure conjecture. I think the swimspa concept is an exercise in compromise. (1) how do you cool an 8x16' vessel of water enough to get a good swim workout without heatstroke, and heat it sufficiently for good hydrotherapy? You're talking days to cool, and gobs of KWH to bring the vessel back to spa temp. (2) most swim spas use the badujet system, which uses high pressure low volume pumps (e.g. spa pumps), and you end up with a firehose like experience blasting your head when you're trying to swim. Not pleasant, and if you get off center, you're out of current and in the wall pretty quick.

If I were going down this path, I'd look for a pure swim trainer (Endless Pool or SwimEX), and then find a good used spa on Craigslist. You could prob do a budget endless pool just north of $20k if you do some of the work yourself. Or if your ins. will pay for a used setup, Endless Pools can be picked up on Ebay for <$10k all day long. Refurb and top shelf install and you got a nice system for $20k easy.

FYI, Endless has a customer referral program, more than likely someone has one near you that you can test.

And thank you for your service to our country!

they make swim spas that have a swim side and a spa side,, the sunbelt has the model QX4 with seperate controls for heat. the D1 has the AQUAFIT 19 dual temp, so you say the endless pool roughly 20,000 then go buy a cheap spa,,,,so say 2,000 , you can probably get into a sunbelt with dual sides for same amount,,,,,, and in the end take up less room...

• 7 months later...

I'm a Retired Disabled Veteran and the Government is getting me a swimspa for my home so I can exercise and get the therapy required for my medical conditions.

Help!!! I need a good swimspa 12-16ft long to go in my finished basement and with my medical can't afford a headache after the installation is done.

That being said.. I'm doing research on Swimspas, I can't find but one swimspa setup anywhere that I can wet test. The only one that is setup is a Masterspa and not the model I'm looking at.

Cost is a factor. I'm not sure how much the VA is willing to spend, but they want several quotes.

I've been looking at the Masterspas H2X Crosstrainer 2. I'm not worried about pressure sales etc.

After being in special forces for 21yrs.. I have no quams about throwing them out a window of my house if they get silly with me. The Shop Owner I'm working with is a veteran and I beleive I'm getting a great deal and 0 pressure by the way..

The dealer I'm working with is a Veteran willing to get me a fully loaded H2X Crosstrainer 2 with upgraded frame, stereo, LED Lights, Cover, Steps, Stainless Jets, Chemicals and extra filter.. Basically all the options available for under 20k delivered. MSRP on this is suppose to be around 30k..

Note.. I need the swimspa to also have therapy seats for my circulation and swimming so I can get my work-outs..

1. Need opinions on the H2X Crosstrainer 2 from people that have tried this spa or own it.

3. Suggestions on other spa compareable to the H2X crosstrainer that have good swimming jets and a therapy seating area.

This spa is very important to my health and just want to make sure I get a good spa that will last.

Thanks!

I am a retired disabled Veteran as well. I have done a lot of research on this and also found a swim spa manufacturer who will provide discount pricing to Disabled veterans. The manufaturer is in Virginia but they distribute throughout the United States.

I would be happy to share this information if it helps you.

One question however... I am in the process of applying to the VA for assistance in purchasing a swimspa. Could you tell me what proceedure your use to be authorized yours? No one at my local VA hospital seems ot know the right process.

Email me

Thanks!

I don't own one, so take this as pure conjecture. I think the swimspa concept is an exercise in compromise. (1) how do you cool an 8x16' vessel of water enough to get a good swim workout without heatstroke, and heat it sufficiently for good hydrotherapy? You're talking days to cool, and gobs of KWH to bring the vessel back to spa temp. (2) most swim spas use the badujet system, which uses high pressure low volume pumps (e.g. spa pumps), and you end up with a firehose like experience blasting your head when you're trying to swim. Not pleasant, and if you get off center, you're out of current and in the wall pretty quick.

If I were going down this path, I'd look for a pure swim trainer (Endless Pool or SwimEX), and then find a good used spa on Craigslist. You could prob do a budget endless pool just north of $20k if you do some of the work yourself. Or if your ins. will pay for a used setup, Endless Pools can be picked up on Ebay for <$10k all day long. Refurb and top shelf install and you got a nice system for $20k easy.

FYI, Endless has a customer referral program, more than likely someone has one near you that you can test.

+1.

I own a swimming pool with swim jets and anything over 32 degree and it's near possible to swim any length of time, in fact 29 degree is best so a swim spa is actually not the ideal solution in my mind.

• 1 year later...

+1.

I own a swimming pool with swim jets and anything over 32 degree and it's near possible to swim any length of time, in fact 29 degree is best so a swim spa is actually not the ideal solution in my mind.

Well in fact the h2x with wave propulsion would be the model you are looking for. Do not buy a jetted system. Now the REAL swim spas offered by MASTERSPAS are the Michael Phelps Signature spas. In your case I would recomend the Momentem 50...The wave technology is second to none. i have sold many Badu Jetted Systems and while they are nice, they are nothing compared to the wave, wave xp ,and the wave xp pro offered by MASTERSPAS. Do your self a favor and go to a better dealer who is informed...We offer a military discount of 20% right off hand, however I would not use your prior career choices as a deciding discount factor. If you really want a quality swim spa it's not about what the tax payers are willing to comp you for. It's about paying to play...bottom line if you want top of the line you are gonna pay 40k

• 1 year later...

+1.

Well in fact the h2x with wave propulsion would be the model you are looking for. Do not buy a jetted system. Now the REAL swim spas offered by MASTERSPAS are the Michael Phelps Signature spas. In your case I would recomend the Momentem 50...The wave technology is second to none. i have sold many Badu Jetted Systems and while they are nice, they are nothing compared to the wave, wave xp ,and the wave xp pro offered by MASTERSPAS. Do your self a favor and go to a better dealer who is informed...We offer a military discount of 20% right off hand, however I would not use your prior career choices as a deciding discount factor. If you really want a quality swim spa it's not about what the tax payers are willing to comp you for. It's about paying to play...bottom line if you want top of the line you are gonna pay 40k

With respect- I disagree: Catalina offers an 18' Swim that we price at under $30k. (Full Disclosure: I am a Catalina Spas Dealer). RiverWater Jets (Provided by WaterWay) offers up to 8-9 MPH resistance and surges less frequently than propeller-based systems. Catalina also offers the best warranty available and the customer isn't paying for Michael Phelps' endorsement deal. Catalina has been making swim spas for over 35 years and their shells are so well made that they provide their shells to numerous competitors.

My best advice for any consumer is to simply do their homework. Half of any spa sales is the brand but the other half is the dealer: A sentiment echoed by other users elsewhere in this site. Online sites like this are great places to find information but should only be used as guides. Visiting your local dealers is the best way to fully and fairly compare what is available in your area.

Good Luck moving forward.

• 1 month later...

When you find tired with the style of your respective FunTub, simply just purchase a new vinyl fabric boat and yes it can look totally new. Feel the health improvements in the FunTub nowadays in thins budget. Have got swim spas in given budget?

• 3 months later...

LOL did Dan just say that Catalina pushed 8-9 MPH? Come on bro. http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_miles_per_hour_does_Michael_Phelps_swim

What specific model to you recommend? I swam in the Marathon 18/5 and was not impressed at the swimming aspect.

Also how are you getting it in your walkout basement? What kind of access do you have in? I know I would recommend a endless pool for inside like that and a separate hot tub for either down there or outside.

Just quoting from the engineers at Catalina, not wikianswers. I'm a Catalina dealer, something that I have noted on many threads on this site. As Catalina doesn't advertise I merely let others know that they are a viable option. I understand the natural bias I, like other dealers, have towards their product. However, I have no dog in this race. Rather, I am offering, like many others on this thread and others, possibilities for poster to review and come to their own conclusion.

• 8 years later...

Trust me, these high end companies or even low do not care about us veterans who have spent every dime on our rehab because the government programs are at least 3 to 4 years out. I’ve been left with spinal bidfia, 2 brain surgeries 7 back surgeries, from metal on both sides to ice pikes in both hips. I’ve offered to pay at . Am so use to this. 5 grand gets you nothing but a broken down junk. 

Edited by Rhondaraye
Mis-spelled word