Metal X Vs Bioguard Pool Magnet Plus

pmj

Hello,

We just took advantage of our January thaw in new England and did a water change in our Sundance Caprio. We usually use Metal X on initial water fill after the water has heated to at leaset 80 degrees. We ran out and went to our local chemical supplier (we usually drive an hour to our dealer, who uses MetalX, but no time to do that this time). The local supplier sells Bioguard Pool magnet Plus, which is much more concentrated than metal X.

Generally, when we have used Metal X, we see immediate precipitation form the iron elements..this is obvious on our microfilter.

Today, after using the Bioguard product I see no brown tinge at all on the microfilter.

I am wondering if i used enough ..I put in 1 oz to my 350 gal tub. The recommended initial dose on the bottle is 32 oz per 10,000 gal (it is a pool product but recommended by the local spa dealer).

Any thoughts? We do have well water and used a filter on the hose. we do not have a water softener. Maybeour iron level has changed??

Thanks for your thoughts