Temperature Probes (del Sol Redando)

RockwellSBA

Hello- I have a Del Sol Redando Spa that has two temperature sensors (one in the tub and one at the heater core). Both connect to the circuit board. I have taken the temperature sensor out of the tub in hopes of tricking the high-limit of 104 degrees. When I want the temperature of the spa a bit more than 104-105 degrees, I just pull the sensor out of the water. It works somewhat but the reading on the control display is much higher compared to a mercury thermometer I put in the water, even with the sensor back in the water. The differential is 14 degrees. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance. -Phil

Hello- I have a Del Sol Redando Spa that has two temperature sensors (one in the tub and one at the heater core). Both connect to the circuit board. I have taken the temperature sensor out of the tub in hopes of tricking the high-limit of 104 degrees. When I want the temperature of the spa a bit more than 104-105 degrees, I just pull the sensor out of the water. It works somewhat but the reading on the control display is much higher compared to a mercury thermometer I put in the water, even with the sensor back in the water. The differential is 14 degrees. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance. -Phil

So your saying with the temp sensor in the water, it reads a 104- but the water is really 90...

if so the sensor is bad.

So your saying with the temp sensor in the water, it reads a 104- but the water is really 90...

if so the sensor is bad.

Basically that is correct. Any idea if the fact I took it out of the water had something to do with the sensor going bad? Kind of a dumb question but I am wondering if maybe the circuit board got screwed-up because of the sensor being out of water. Any opinios are appreciated and welcomed. -Phil

• 3 weeks later...
probally from being banged around.. I'd bet the board is ok. replace the sensor.

How do you replace the sensor? Do you need to drain the tub below the sensor level or can you do it full? Does it snap in or is it sealed in with silicon or something like that. My sensor on my heater went bad and I have a new harness one probe is on the heater and the other I have hanging over the side of the tub to get the temp reading ofthe water. I would really like to have it installed properly, seems like that could be something I could do myself.

Thanks for the help,

Jim

Jim-

I replaced the sensor by draining the spa to just below the sensor. I then unscrewed the fitting from the back side (equipment side). Mine was a standard 1/2 PVC fitting (coupling threaded around the sensor). It sounds like you already took the one out of the water though. The other sensor is the high-limit sensor (attached to the heater). You don't have to drain the spa to take that out. It should slide out of it's housing which is attached to the heater core. Mine was right behind the control box and it slides out to the right (as you face the control box).

-Phil

probally from being banged around.. I'd bet the board is ok. replace the sensor.

How do you replace the sensor? Do you need to drain the tub below the sensor level or can you do it full? Does it snap in or is it sealed in with silicon or something like that. My sensor on my heater went bad and I have a new harness one probe is on the heater and the other I have hanging over the side of the tub to get the temp reading ofthe water. I would really like to have it installed properly, seems like that could be something I could do myself.

Thanks for the help,

Jim

Thanks for the help,

Jim

You must have a non functioning heat sensor in the tub in the hole now huh?