Filter Cycle Length?

markley

I am switching over to the Nature2 system and was wondering about the recommended filter cycle. The dealer recommended two 6 hr filter cycles a day. This seems like overkill to me, any suggestions? comments? Could I get away with two 4 hr cycles? Actually the dealer said the filter cycle should be 12 hrs a day regardless of what sanitizer is being used.

I generally prefer to use more filtration than less. Each tub requires a different amount. The biggest factor is how much use the tub gets. You can experiment by starting at a high amount of time and gradually reducing it until you notice that the water quality begins to diminish.

Nature 2 suggests a minimum of 4 hours twice a day. This has worked well with most our customers.

I generally prefer to use more filtration than less. Each tub requires a different amount. The biggest factor is how much use the tub gets. You can experiment by starting at a high amount of time and gradually reducing it until you notice that the water quality begins to diminish.

Nature 2 suggests a minimum of 4 hours twice a day. This has worked well with most our customers.

So are you saying that they want a total of 4 hours divided between two filtration cycles or a total of 8 hours?

My CalderaSpa came factory default set to two cleaning cycles of 1.5 hours each. I quickly turned that down to 1.0 hour each (for a total of two hours of cleaning cycles in a 24h period. That has served me well. I guess it depends on water quantity. My tub holds 280 gallons, 1050 litres.

Greg

I was told to run the filter 2 times day for 4 hours, but since I'm using peroxide, I'm running it more. Peroxide directions say to run it 24/7, but I'm not doing that.

I'm running mine 3 hrs 4 times a day for 12 hrs total. Also, if I know I'm not going to to use the tub, I put it on high for about 5 min with the jets on. Probably don't need to do that, but I figure it can't do any harm.

So are you saying that they want a total of 4 hours divided between two filtration cycles or a total of 8 hours?

Yes, for a duel duty pump. It would depend some on what type of filters you have and how often the water is being turned over in the tub. If you have a small 200 gallon tub, it would take less time to turn the water over than in a 400 gallon tub. If you have 100 sq ft of filtration, rather than 25 sq feet, that would reduce the time also. See what works for you, as said, start with the higher, turn the tub down by 1 hour. Also, don't forget if you have ozone, it is only set to come on during filter cycles, so if you turn them down, you are decreasing the ozone output into the tub also. I find running the tub a bit longer is less costly than addtional chemicals.