My 93 Vita Spa Ambiance Rehab Finished W/pics

sscott0203

Paid 200 for this Hot Tub a little over 2 months ago replaced everything except for the Jet Pump and plumbing. Just about finished have some spots to touch up with stain. Anyways today i bought 40 ft of wire so i could test this thing out in the garage where i have been working on it. Filled it ran it for 30 min with some jet cleaner and everything worked great, no leaks anywhere. I did not see the ozone light on but ill have to look into that. Here are some pics from start to finish, this is my first ever hot tub and i am very happy with how it came out, cant wait to get it moved tomorrow and start using it. Thanks to everyone on this board that has helped me out and answered all my newbie questions

I do have one important question i hoping you guys can help me out on. When i first got the tub, there was about 4 boards on the bottom 1 on each side and 2 in the middle. The rest of the bottom was foam, i replaced the 4 boards and used treated 4x6's and enclosed the bottom. Those 2 middle boards had foam in between the top of the board and the bottom of the hot tub. Was this adding any support to the bottom of the tub of just for insulation purposes? I ask this because now there is about a 1-2 inch gap between the bottom of the hot tub and the top of my 4x6's. So i need to spray foam in between there for added support or am i fine?? When the tub was filling you could hear the tub kind of settling, like creaking noises. I am very concerned about this and just want to know if i need to do anything. This first pic is what i am talking about. Thanks for you help!

SDC10903.jpg

Now for the rehab pics from beginning to end...

(I know i am far from i professional Plumber, i get that primer and glue on everything)

THE OLD!!!

3k93md3o65P25S15R99ar249c16f7a87619.jpg

3na3md3l75Qd5P55Sb9ar134827b645e61f.jpg

SDC10773.jpg

THE NEW!!!

SDC10898.jpg

SDC10900.jpg

SDC10899.jpg

SDC10901.jpg

Comments Positive or Negative Welcome let me know what you think.

The tub needs to be supported from the bottom, not from the outer lip.

So what do you recommend me doing to support the bottom of the tub. Thanks for the response.

Is there enough room for some Trex Decking? Or could you rip some Trex boards in half to support the shell? Seems that would do the trick.

DK117

The tub needs to be supported from the bottom, not from the outer lip.

So what do you recommend me doing to support the bottom of the tub. Thanks for the response.

Is there enough room for some Trex Decking? Or could you rip some Trex boards in half to support the shell? Seems that would do the trick.

DK117

So pretty much your saying i just want to have something underneath the bottom.. So really i could just cut a couple of 2x4's and put them under the shell and secure them by screwing them into the bottom boards?? From the Manufacturer it was set up with foam underneath the middle of the shell and then 2 4X6's. The 4x6's were not touching the bottom of the tub, pretty much how i have it now just with no foam.

Well i ended up taking a couple of the bottom boards off to access the foot well area and used spray foam to fill in the gap between the foot well and the 4x6's. I searched everywhere and posted this on several websites and did'nt get any answers so i hoping this will work out.

How much gap? That spray foam is going to compress since I'm usre it isn't high density. It would have been best to fill most of tha gap with piece(s) of PT wood and then use the foam to fill any tiny gap remaining with foam (a little flex is fine) and also the foam would hold the wood piece in place.