Gulf Coast Spa

Kastle

Hey Guys i am new to the hot tub world and have many questions. I just bought a tub off my boss for 200 bucks , I thought it was a great deal . He told me the heater may be gone on it but me and my father tested it and it seems to be fine . We then proceeded to check the relay's and they were all working properly . ( My father is an electronic engineer and has been in the business for 30 years so he knows what he is doing when it comes to cuircuit boards LOl )

What happened to the tub was my boss told me that the heater stopped working and some stuff froze up (we live in Canada :P) . The one pump's Wet end was cracked so i replaced it and everything else seems to be fine. Currently I am just waiting for my father to get home with the control board to fill it up and start it up to see for our selves . I also need to buy a cover .. I have no clue what model my Gulf Coast is so any help would be greatly appreciated . If anyone has any schematics or manuals for it it would also help. The tub was also purchased 5 years ago . Thanks guys ... Anything else i should know b4 starting this monster up ??

Thanks

Kastle

Here are the pics of it

http://spaforums.com/download/file.php?id=1459

http://spaforums.com/download/file.php?id=1458

http://spaforums.com/download/file.php?id=1455

http://spaforums.com/download/file.php?id=1457

Kastle, you have a 2004 Boca Grande. The best spa built by Gulf Coast in 2004. This spa has 66 jets including the air injectors. Dual 5HP 56 Frame pumps and many extras including aromatherapy, waterfall, and a champagne bubbling system.

If this spa has frozen, there are a few things to do:

1. Check for leaks at the bottom of the filtration cannister, the other wet end, and the plumbing manifolds- If there was water left in the pump, then good chance water was left in these other areas.

During the fill up, stay alert! You may want to remove the panels for full visibility.

2. Rinse out all the plumbing. Eventhough the shell is clean doesnt mean the plumbing is. The last thing you want to do is turn on the pumps and find your spa full of the yuckies.

3. Replace the filter!

Happy Hot Tubbing!

Hey , Thanks for the info . Ya i noticed some nasty stuff in some of the lines so i will clean them out one by one. I just put back the control unit so hopefully sometime today or tomorrow i can wire it up and test it to se if everything else is wrong ... I jsut noticed you said i have 2 hp motors ... I brought the broken voulet ( i dunno how to spell it lol ) the wet end to the spa guy by my house to get a new one and he gave me one for a 4 hp motor .... I have it installed i guess i should go get it replaced ...Im pretty mad now ...... LOL ... anyways thanks for the info

Merry Christmas

Kastle

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kastle

I purchased a new cover for my Gulf Coast spa last April from www.coverguy.com. Service was great - cover fit great! So far, so good. We've had it for 8 months now and so far, no condensation has gotten into it. Our last cover got so heavy it was crazy, but this one seems pretty good. And it's Canadian made - and they often offer free shipping to anywhere in Canada.

Enjoy your hot tub!

Jill