Arctic Alaskin 30

Kevin Meier

I just came from Paradise in Calgary where the salesman introduced me to a model called the Alaskin 30. He told me that Arctic Spas built this tub specifically for the Calgary and Edmonton stores because they complained that they need a more affordable tub during these difficult economic times. He also indicated that I would not find it on the manufacturers web site because these two stores are piloting this model and if it works out, they will add it to the Arctic product line. Apparently this tub has been in the stores for approx. 1 year, but I have not been able to find anything on this model on the net.

Can anyone offer any insight to this model?

Thanks,

Kevin

Im not sayin this model is false but its kinda hard to believe that an economy priced tub would b introduced in an area of high wages. I know over 100+ people who are working in the Edmonton Fort Mac area that are pulling over 100k for about 6 months of work. I could see other parts of the country where a model like that could be introduced. A good indicator of the market in that area is to go to the Beachcomber Edmonton Store & see what their most popular model is since they usually sell in the range of 200 tubs.

I just came from Paradise in Calgary where the salesman introduced me to a model called the Alaskin 30. He told me that Arctic Spas built this tub specifically for the Calgary and Edmonton stores because they complained that they need a more affordable tub during these difficult economic times. He also indicated that I would not find it on the manufacturers web site because these two stores are piloting this model and if it works out, they will add it to the Arctic product line. Apparently this tub has been in the stores for approx. 1 year, but I have not been able to find anything on this model on the net.

Thanks,

Kevin

I bought my tub at the Factory store in edmonton... I did not see or hear of this tub. I also know that Arctic makes Coyote and now own Apollo.. which are both lower priced tubs... so not sure why they woul dmake a cheaper Arctic line since that is their flagship....

I would suggest you check the BBB and ask around for references before buy there.

Thanks for the replies.

canadianrepairman, I understand and appreciate your warnings, but I'm also cautious about negative feedback since we typically only here from individuals with bad experiences. I wish there were more reports from individuals with positive feedback. Are you indicating that I should just stay away from Paradise, or are you also saying to stay away from Arctic Spas? If Arctic Spas is not recommended, what brand would you recommend, and why?

Thanks,

Kevin

Thanks,

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

yes what you have been told sounds true. I heard about this tub earlier this month and cant wait to stock it. Although nothing official has been announced i think the Alaskan will join the line up in early 2010.

Kevin,

Have you shopped around to the other dealers in town?

I checked out Paradise Bay before I purchased, and was immediately put off by their "salesmanship"...specifically, I was given a very heavy sales pitch and some unrealistic information regarding Peroxysan from Paradises's "top salesman".

From my personal experience, I would strongly suggest you go see the guys at Sun Spa before you buy anything. While it is easy to get ripped off in this market, I do also believe that you do get what you pay for, and it is many times worth it to spend a little bit more in beginning, to have peace of mind in the long run.

Hey Kevin,

I am an Arctic dealer, and this sounds legit to me. I have never heard of the Alaskan 30, so that makes sense that they are trying it out at the Paradise Bay store before the release it to all dealers. I know that Arctic has done that before in the past on newer products. On a side note, the Alaskan was part of the Arctic family for a long time until it was discontinued in either 03-04. I will try to find some more out tomorrow when I get to the store, but James might answer it first when he sees this thread. Thanks for your interest in Arctic Spas!

Thanks,

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Sorry I totally missed your post over the last couple of visits. I think you are getting accurate information from the folks at P-Bay. At this time, the Alaskan 8' and the Midnight Sun 7' are indeed being offered only in limited markets. Both are available in 20 and 30 jets options, and are designed for those who want the benefit of a lot of Arctic design without some of the bells and whistles. There is a small list of optional equipment. At this time we have nothing online on these models - your dealer is your best source for more info and for pricing.

Best of the Holidays,

Vern

Again I would like to thank everyone for there responses.

Summit11, can you comment on why I am getting the impression that I should stay away from Paradise Bay?

Are there other stores in Calgary that I can purchase Arctic Spas from?

Thanks,

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Paradise Bay is the only authorized Arctic Spa Dealer in Calgary. I think the criticism that you might see here of P-Bay is similar to criticism of Arctic Spas generally on this board. We are the largest manufacturer and retailer of spas in Canada, and Paradise Bay is similarly a very large, very successful operation. Given the scale with which we operate in Canada and the large number of Canadians that use this board, we are going to see in my opinion, a disproportionate number of negative comments versus other manufacturers, and in the case of P-Bay, retailers. With success comes the daunting task of maintaining success, and its an ever-growing challenge. But knowing the staff at Paradise Bay, they are doing their best to provide the service that we all intend. If and when there are gaps in that service, we have committed corporately to helping out wherever we can.

I hope that helps a bit, my only suggestion would be to talk with the management at P-Bay, and let them know how important the dealer-customer relationship is to you. I think they can reassure you that they are on your side.

Best of the Season,

Vern

Positive feed back,

I research everything I buy, lets just say maybe a little to much, The experience I have had with arctic has been great from day 1 ( aprox 2 years ago ) the guys at the Barrie Ont Dealer have treated me the same as the first time I walked in the store, I finally took the plunge aprox 2 months ago, and just love my (Summit signature with Onzen) what a breeze to take care of, I know a few people that own a Arctic and if you ask them would they ever buy another one, the answer is Hell Yaa, also I went to a Resort in Fernie B.C a few years back and each condo had a arctic on the Deck, I asked the guy then who took care of the tubs what he thought of arctic his answer was ( Guess what I have at home ) Arctic all the way

Hey what more can I say, I had a friend that come over last night that bought the competition ( I won't say what brand, because I am not here to put any MFG Company down )

His reply was you want to trade tubs, he spent more then me and now is a little disappointed.

OH well like I said Wet Test, do your research

Dano

Positive feed back,

I research everything I buy, lets just say maybe a little to much, The experience I have had with arctic has been great from day 1 ( aprox 2 years ago ) the guys at the Barrie Ont Dealer have treated me the same as the first time I walked in the store, I finally took the plunge aprox 2 months ago, and just love my (Summit signature with Onzen) what a breeze to take care of, I know a few people that own a Arctic and if you ask them would they ever buy another one, the answer is Hell Yaa, also I went to a Resort in Fernie B.C a few years back and each condo had a arctic on the Deck, I asked the guy then who took care of the tubs what he thought of arctic his answer was ( Guess what I have at home ) Arctic all the way

Hey what more can I say, I had a friend that come over last night that bought the competition ( I won't say what brand, because I am not here to put any MFG Company down )

His reply was you want to trade tubs, he spent more then me and now is a little disappointed.

OH well like I said Wet Test, do your research

Dano

Glad to hear you have had a great experience Dano. Thanks for sharing. You definitely did your research!!