Is This A Good Price On A Bullfrog?

hrosvit

It is unfortunate that I have to ask this question, but I have no other recourse. We have been looking at a Bullfrog 462, and are scheduled for a wet test next week. Unfortunately, there are no other Bullfrog dealers even remotely close to where we live, so I have no frame of reference for the price we were given, and no way to get a second quote. For the spa (including the Lightwave interior lights), cover w/ lifter, steps, one month chemicals and delivery we were quoted $8000. Is this reasonable? Is this a good deal?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

It is unfortunate that I have to ask this question, but I have no other recourse. We have been looking at a Bullfrog 462, and are scheduled for a wet test next week. Unfortunately, there are no other Bullfrog dealers even remotely close to where we live, so I have no frame of reference for the price we were given, and no way to get a second quote. For the spa (including the Lightwave interior lights), cover w/ lifter, steps, one month chemicals and delivery we were quoted $8000. Is this reasonable? Is this a good deal?

I think that is a fair price for the Bullfrog 462. If I recall, during our purchase of the Bullfrog 362.... the 462 was about $1,500 more, (difference of 462 having the Lightwave, extra Jet Pack and a Non-Lounger vs the 362). We paid extra for the lifter, removal and return of our old Spa to Costco. Personally, I recommend the Bullfrog over many others in its price range. The question for you is what other Spas are available at that price with similar features?

Shop around some. :) See if you have any other dealers in the area that sell other brands. As a Hot Spring dealer, I would of course recommend Hot Spring. As a consumer, I'd recommend shopping around simply because I've had several customers who've owned Bullfrog Spas tell me they like our Hot Spring better.

It's partly about taste though, and partly about build quality, mechanics, efficiency, etc. But if you're going to test soak a Bullfrog spa, test soak in something else as well so you actually have something to compare too. Otherwise, if you only ever sit in one hot tub, you'll probably like it simply because you have no comparison at all.

Although I know you guys have good intentions, sometimes people want answers to specific questions. I have been looking at spas for about six months, and have wet tested several brands. I have been to every spa dealer within 100 miles of my house. Please don't assume I just strolled in off the street and decided to jump into a Bullfrog without any research. I have not settled on a Bullfrog; I am still evaluating various brands.

I specifically asked about the price on the Bullfrog because I have no way of comparing the price. In an industry like this where prices are never listed on websites, and rarely in showrooms, it is difficult to determine if the price you are being given is a competitive one. I don't expect the dealer to give up his entire profit, but I would prefer not to get screwed. With most other brands, there are other dealers in close proximity, so I can compare prices at several shops. This is not the case with Bullfrog. There is one dealer about an hour away. The next closest is about 7 hours away. So, while I appreciate your efforts to educate me on the proper way to shop for a spa, it's advice I don't really need. I just need to know what a decent price is for a Bullfrog 462.

• 3 months later...

I think that is a fair price for the Bullfrog 462. If I recall, during our purchase of the Bullfrog 362.... the 462 was about $1,500 more, (difference of 462 having the Lightwave, extra Jet Pack and a Non-Lounger vs the 362). We paid extra for the lifter, removal and return of our old Spa to Costco. Personally, I recommend the Bullfrog over many others in its price range. The question for you is what other Spas are available at that price with similar features?

Crusher,

What do you think of your 362? Wet Testing on Saturday a 562 (same size/shape just more jetpacks) but look at purchasing a 362.

What did you pay. We are at $6690 OTD with the lighting and ozone.

Crusher,

What do you think of your 362? Wet Testing on Saturday a 562 (same size/shape just more jetpacks) but look at purchasing a 362.

What did you pay. We are at $6690 OTD with the lighting and ozone.

Bullfrogs model numbers: 1st is how many packs..2nd is # of people it holds..3rd is number of pumps