Source For Bulb In Pentair Niche Light Fixture

dogfriend

This past February, my wife and I replaced the 17-18 yr. old light fixture that situates in the niche of our in-ground swimming pool. We installed a 120 volt Pentair SpaBrite/AquaLight fixture with a 75’ cord (manufactured 12/2008). It came with a 250 watt bulb already installed, however, it can also use a 100 watt bulb. Several days ago, the bulb burnt out. I know this is the problem because (with the power off) I disconnected (un-wired at the J-box) the fixture and checked the resistance between the hot and neutral wires and got a reading of 9,000,000 ohms or so. Failed bulb.

Since I have never opened-up this new fixture, I’m guessing a bit as to the specific bulb to use as a replacement. Remarkably (and unfortunately), Pentair technical support was essentially no help except that they said the bulb is a screw in type, not the smooth based so-called “bayonet” type. The Owner’s Manual calls out:

Part number 79102900: “100 watt halogen quartz screw base, (AquaLight)”

Part number 79113800: “250 watt halogen quartz screw base, (AquaLight)”

I don’t think the bulb is the “Floodlamp” type that is also mentioned in the Manual

I estimate that the bulb lasted approximately 2,400 hours.

A question: Is this within the range of typical?

My main question:

Can anyone offer suggestions as to a source(s) for a replacement bulb for this fixture?

I’ve tried various suppliers found on the Internet with no luck. The pool store I bought the fixture from sells a replacement “Feit” bulb. With all due respect to Feit, I’d sooner eat dog scat than use a Feit bulb. Over the years, I’ve had enough experience with Feit brand bulbs to know that the last place on my property that I want a Feit bulb is in a fixture under water that is a total pain and significant expense to get to.

Thanks for any help with this-

You can get the correct bulb at any hardware store. Just take the old bulb to match it to the new one.

Some stores only carry the 100 or 150 watt bulbs. If you want the 250 watt bulb, you will probably need to go to a specialty lighting place.

Be sure to replace the gasket when you change the bulb (or at least have it available if you need it). Get the silicone gasket. 79108600 Gasket, white, silicone 100 watt, 250 watt, (AquaLight )

This is a 4-inch diameter lens, right? http://www.pentairpool.com/partslists/ligh...t-lights-10.htm

Spabrite_web.jpg

r02176v29.jpg

Reference 1

Reference 2

Reference 3

Reference 4

Reference 5

Base = Miniature Candelabra Screw (E11)

Bulb type = T4

Brilliant! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

This information and the links are extremely helpful. We couldn't have asked for any more help...except installing it for us! :P

This is a 4-inch diameter lens, right? http://www.pentairpool.com/partslists/ligh...t-lights-10.htm

Yes. You are correct.

Again, thanks for sharing your expertise! We're gonna have our pool lit-up once again very soon!