Taylor K2006 Test Kit For Cheap

hrustar

Wow, that is cheap. Let us know when you get it to see if it's really a Taylor K-2006.

Quick update. I screwed up my order and they notified by phone call and email right away so i could correct it. So far, customer service has been excellent. Order is officially placed as of today (I couldn't respond to them until now). I'll let you know how things develop.

Holy cow, color me super impressed now. Order is shipped, UPS trakcing number delivered to me along with a very nice message attached as a word document from the President of the company. Sure, I doubt he sent it personally, but I really think it's a nice touch.

December 10, 2009

David XXXX

XXXXX XXXXXX XXXXX

XXXXXXXX, MN 55439

Mr. XXXXX,

I just wanted to drop you a note and express a sincere thank you for your recent order from Amato Industries! We are a third generation family company that takes great pride in the products and services that we offer. We trust that this transaction was handled professionally and promptly!

If you have any suggestions that would enhance our operation or if you wish to compliment one of our team members, please reply to this note and the response will go directly to me.

Thank You for ordering from Amato!! I look forward to serving you again in the near future!!

Sincerely,

Joe Amato

Joe Amato, III

President

Ive been looking to get a taylor kit, I noticed there are a few different variations? What can the 2006 kit do that the 2005 cant

I'll reply with the followiwng post from waterbear...

IMHO, if you are using chlorine then the Taylor K-2006, if you are using bromine then the Taylor K-2106. Both these kits use the FAS-DPD test instead of the DPD test. It is more accurate and since it is a titration test (similar to the Total Alkalinity and Calcium Hardness tests) with a distinct color change from pink to colorless there is no problem determining the exact sanitizer level as there is with the colormetric (color matching) DPD test in the K-2005. Also, FAS-DPD test does not have the bleachout at high sanitizer levels problem that the DPD test suffers from! All other tests in the K-2006 are identical to the ones in the K-2005. The K-2106 is made for bromine so it does not include the Cyanuric Acid test, which is not needed nor used in a bromine system but contains the other water tests included in the K-2006 and K-2005. The K-2005 is an excellent test kit but the two kits that Taylor makes that used FSD-DPD are FAR superior!

More information on the FAS-DPD test from Taylor is found here including a demo showing how you simply count the drops until the sample turns from pink/red to clear. The FAS-DPD can measure to within 0.2 ppm using a 25 ml sample so when you need accuracy, such as for chlorine demand tests, it's superior. As waterbear noted, it does not bleach out so you won't get a false negative reading as you can with the less expensive but more common DPD test above 10 ppm (even above 5 ppm it loses accuracy).

• 1 month later...
Just ordered one so i'll let you know if it is legit in a few days, but seems so thus far (called and emailed them).

I got the test kit for $41 dollars plus $8 shipping.

http://www.amatoind.com/taylor-k2006-test-p-555.html

I am buying another kit for my neighbor (who is old and is 'afeared a them internets') - did you have a good experience getting your kit from these guys? It's literally half what I paid for it at the local guys here in Denver, so I'd love to get it from their website....

-PKil

Just ordered one so i'll let you know if it is legit in a few days, but seems so thus far (called and emailed them).

I am buying another kit for my neighbor (who is old and is 'afeared a them internets') - did you have a good experience getting your kit from these guys? It's literally half what I paid for it at the local guys here in Denver, so I'd love to get it from their website....

-PKil

Yes, I just ordered it on last week and it arrived yesterday. Shipping was around $8.

Hi folks,

sooo, apparently they do ship to Canada! I had to call customer service directly as their web-site isn't quite rigged for that, yet. The CSR was a little surprised but sounds like they may correct that in the future.

I'm not sure of total costs yet but even with exchange rates and shipping i think i got a good deal!

Let you know when it arrives!

• 3 weeks later...

Well, 3 weeks and nothing yet. Ordered by phone so I didn't recieve any email or confirmation of shipment. (eg. no tracking #)

Called Monday this week and spoke with the same girl who took the order. (which was good)

However, apparently shipping reciepts had now been forwarded to The Controller meaning she had no access to tracking #'s, shipping confirmation, etc. (which was bad)

She was to look into it and get back to me. Two business days later and I've heard nothing. (which is bad)

Guess I'll try an e-mail through their website and see what happens.... :huh:

Well, 3 weeks and nothing yet. Ordered by phone so I didn't recieve any email or confirmation of shipment. (eg. no tracking #)

Called Monday this week and spoke with the same girl who took the order. (which was good)

However, apparently shipping reciepts had now been forwarded to The Controller meaning she had no access to tracking #'s, shipping confirmation, etc. (which was bad)

She was to look into it and get back to me. Two business days later and I've heard nothing. (which is bad)

I ordered twice from Canada and received a week later and at reasonable cost(USPS) . Nice service there.

Dang, that is a very good price. I'm about to reorder some agents and things.

But, it's a long, long winter in Colorado. I've got about 2 and 1/2 months to go!

I ordered a K2006 from Amato last Friday and received it today! They must have a glitch with their on line ordering software because I didn't get a confirmation email, I registered on their site, but when I tried to log back in to check on my order, the site didn't know me. I phoned them and they said they got the order and were shipping it, they sent me a UPS tracking number and I was able to follow the package from Washington DC to Washington State. Total cost $50.87, including shipping.

Mary fills the orders and was very pleasant on the phone.

I'll purchase from them again.

Dave

all's well that ends well they say. was unable to send an email as that option wasn't available thru their website so i sent a fax instead.

Mary called the following day to let me know they didn't know what had happened to my order, but they were going to credit the cost back to my charge card with her apologies.(i told her if it did end up arriving i'd let her know so they could "re-charge" me.)

i then started seeking Canadian suppliers......over $100 easy for a K2006, over $200 for the K2006-C. Holy cow!! along with the explanation that because Taylor has a Canadian distributor and Taylor kits don't have adequate WHIMS documentation, supply stores from the States can't ship to Canada....

seems that was a load of crap. my kit showed up last Friday. :D Happy day for me!

all that's left is to call Mary back and let her know....and apologise for the fuss...cuz i'm Canadian....i hear we do that a lot. lol.

Regards to all, ;)