Cover "on" While Running 10 Min Clean Cycle?

flint350

Is it okay or not advisable to run the 10 minute clean cycle on my H.S. spa with the cover on? I'd like to walk away rather than go back out just to put the cover down when the 10 min cycle is finished, but I don't want to cause problems. Advice appreciated.

Really depends on oxidizer levels and sanitizer levels that you add before you close the lid. These chems. need to gas off before you close the lid 15-20 min.. If you do not add anything before the cycle - should be fine. Also, close your air controls so the jets dont't create extra gas off.

Closing the lid after adding sanitizer or oxidizer can also burn your cover and break down the poly protecting your foam cores.

Paddy

Is it okay or not advisable to run the 10 minute clean cycle on my H.S. spa with the cover on? I'd like to walk away rather than go back out just to put the cover down when the 10 min cycle is finished, but I don't want to cause problems. Advice appreciated.

Really depends on oxidizer levels and sanitizer levels that you add before you close the lid. These chems. need to gas off before you close the lid 15-20 min.. If you do not add anything before the cycle - should be fine. Also, close your air controls so the jets dont't create extra gas off.

Closing the lid after adding sanitizer or oxidizer can also burn your cover and break down the poly protecting your foam cores.

Paddy

Yikes, thanks for the info. I will be leaving the cover up. I hadn't thought about out gassing of the chemicals.

I leave mine closed during the cleaning cycle. My jet pump runs automatically, for 10 minutes, a couple time a day. I'm not about to uncover it for that!

Besides, what's it going to hurt?

Dave

I leave mine closed during the cleaning cycle. My jet pump runs automatically, for 10 minutes, a couple time a day. I'm not about to uncover it for that!

Besides, what's it going to hurt?

Dave

I bring out pre measured dichlor in an old test strip bottle with me, and when I'm done soaking, I add the dichlor, hit the clean button and close up the cover. No problem. been doing this for years.

If you'r shocking the tub, or super chlorinating the tub you should leave the cover off, but for routine sanitation you should be fine.