Cholrine Generator

Guest Ken Butler

Guest Ken Butler

I am thinking of purchasing a Aqua Rite Chorline generator. Can someone tell me about their experiances with theirs? Does it need cleaning often? How long do you need to run your pump?

We had a pool installed in the fall. The aquarite chlorine generator sensor failed this spring. It was quickly resolved, once we got someone out to fix it (it took us a while to figure out is was broke). One thing to keep in mind, is if the salt levels get too low the readings will go haywire. It has a sensor to tell you if you need to add salt. Since our sensor was out, it was reading normal. But they tested the water and we were very low on salt. We had to add salt to the water before any repairs or warranty work would be done. kind of worry some it went out so quickly. But as long as its a smooth ride from now on, I'd say I really like the product.

• 2 weeks later...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE salt sanitizers!!!! It's easier than any other system I've had experience with and makes the water feel GREAT! I put one in my pool and it really made life a lot easier!

• 3 months later...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE salt sanitizers!!!! It's easier than any other system I've had experience with and makes the water feel GREAT! I put one in my pool and it really made life a lot easier!

Ecosmarte makes a copper oxidizer that requires no salt, just calcium and a ph of 6.9-7.1.

• 2 months later...

Ecosmarte makes a copper oxidizer that requires no salt, just calcium and a ph of 6.9-7.1.

however copper is not as an effecient santizer as chlorine and you still need a .5 ppm residual chlorine with a copper ion system (or use a non-chlorine shock which gives you no additonal sanitizing at all!). Also if there is enought copper in the pool to kill algae and bacteria there is enough to cause staining of the pool and peoples hair! Finally, copper has not been proven to kill viruses!

however copper is not as an effecient santizer as chlorine and you still need a .5 ppm residual chlorine with a copper ion system (or use a non-chlorine shock which gives you no additonal sanitizing at all!). Also if there is enought copper in the pool to kill algae and bacteria there is enough to cause staining of the pool and peoples hair! Finally, copper has not been proven to kill viruses!

Your right but non chlorine shock is not recognized as a sanitizer either.

Sorry I read that wrong. :)