Removing Water Line Grime

dado

As a preventative measure I would look at your alkalinity readings...A high alkalinity reading will cause this line to happen faster and more frequently.

you can also bring the water level up past the water line and use any water enzyme product.this will eat away at the scum line, once the problem is taken care of, with regular use this should keep the problem at bay, as well as being a source of continual cleaning for your filters. The enzymes can not jump out of the water, this is why the level must be brought up above the scum line

lastly, my favorite product as just a quick fix cleaner is clean and perfect......with any cleaner though you should do your best to not get it in the water as it may cause slight foaming. So apply it to a cloth and wipe...

I recently started using "Spa Perfect" enzyme additive (from Leslie's pool supplies). This didn't totally eradicate the scum line, but did significantly reduce the problem. Only downside is it's quite expensive at around $20. The other thing I do is simply wipe around the scum line after each use with a small towel.

My Sundance dealer suggested that I remove the sock that goes over the intake in the bottom of the filter compartment, and use that to scrub off the scum line. He says some customers have actually bought an extra sock just for this purpose.

I tried it and it worked very well. The texture seems to be just right for quickly and easily removing the scum line.

I just got some Mr. Clean Magic Erasers and they worked well on my water line.

Hey Eric - I'm assuming you use a Magic Eraser when the tub is filled. If that is the case do you have any problems with soap entering the water?

I use the same when cleaning the tub after draining and it works great, but so far I've been very reluctant to use it filled.

I just got some Mr. Clean Magic Erasers and they worked well on my water line.

Hey Eric - I'm assuming you use a Magic Eraser when the tub is filled. If that is the case do you have any problems with soap entering the water?

I use the same when cleaning the tub after draining and it works great, but so far I've been very reluctant to use it filled.

Magic Erasers don't have soap in them, do they?