Pulled The Trigger On A Hs Grandee.....

great white

After a search for the right tub and a thread with several twists and turns (http://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=22099), We pulled the trigger on a 2009 Phase II Hot springs Grandee!

grandeesterling.jpg

grandee.jpg

grandee.jpg

Didn't opt for the tv, sound system or the remote control.

We ordered the pearl finish and expresso skirt color.

We also had them include the lifter, step and intial setup chems. The spa came with a 50A GFI breaker and panel box.

Delivery and assorted "brick a brack" were all included.

Paid 10,400cdn, 11,600 cdn taxes in.

There's just the wife and I, but we wanted the space for when we want to float and soak without having to rub toes (as opposed to when we want to rub......well, never-you-mind-that!)

Other model we considered were:

Artic Spas - Glacier and the Cub

Calspa- couple different models

H2ospas - Radium

Hotsprings - Vanguard, Sovereign

Beachcomber - 340, 350, and a couple 500 series

opinions?

Good deal? Too much? etc......

After a serch for the right tub and a thread with several twists and turns (http://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=22099), We pulled the trigger on a 2009 Phase II Hot springs Grandee!

grandeesterling.jpg

grandee.jpg

grandee.jpg

Didn't opt for the tv, sound system or the remote control.

We ordered the pearl finish and expresso skirt color.

We also had them include the lifter, step and intial setup chems. The spa came with a 50A GFI breaker and panel box.

Delivery and assorted "brick a brack" were all included.

Paid 10,400cdn, 11,600 cdn taxes in.

There's just the wife and I, but we wanted the space for when we want to float and soak without having to rub toes (as opposed to when we want to rub......well, never-you-mind-that!)

opinions?

Good deal? Too much? etc......

You're going to love it. I just got my Vista up and running (close cousin to the Grandee) and it's awesome. I love having all the space to sprawl out with just the 2 of us or we can have 6 adults comfortably without sitting on each other.

That is a very nice tub. I would never pay that kind of money for a tub. But that's just me. I am sure you will enjoy it very much Full Foam and all. And even though it is built in Southern California it will be very energy effiecient tub. But count of 25-35 bucks a month average depending on your average mean temp. I know your up north but I never did figure out if your colder than here or not? Duluths average annual is 38.5.......7 for Jan and 66.1 for July farenhiet of course

That is a very nice tub. I would never pay that kind of money for a tub. But that's just me. I am sure you will enjoy it very much Full Foam and all. And even though it is built in Southern California it will be very energy effiecient tub. But count of 25-35 bucks a month average depending on your average mean temp. I know your up north but I never did figure out if your colder than here or not? Duluths average annual is 38.5.......7 for Jan and 66.1 for July farenhiet of course

When you two were having your "my place is colder than your place" discussion, I checked the average temperatures for Duluth & Regina (I know temperatures will vary across the province, but it made for an easier comparison). Regina was about 8 deg. F colder in average low temperatures each month. Canada wins! Or loses, depending on your point of view.

For those of you who are Grandee fans:

1) Do you like the foot jets? It looks like it only has two, and they don't look well placed (assuming you're sitting in one of the corner seats with the Moto-Massage).

2) Do you like the "bullet jets" (the 26 "directional precision jets" like the ones right above the Moto-Massagers & the other corner seat). I've always felt that bullet jets don't help much, and make my skin itchy after a while. 26 of the 39 jets in the spa are bullet jets, and that concerns me.

When you two were having your "my place is colder than your place" discussion, I checked the average temperatures for Duluth & Regina (I know temperatures will vary across the province, but it made for an easier comparison). Regina was about 8 deg. F colder in average low temperatures each month. Canada wins! Or loses, depending on your point of view.

For those of you who are Grandee fans:

1) Do you like the foot jets? It looks like it only has two, and they don't look well placed (assuming you're sitting in one of the corner seats with the Moto-Massage).

2) Do you like the "bullet jets" (the 26 "directional precision jets" like the ones right above the Moto-Massagers & the other corner seat). I've always felt that bullet jets don't help much, and make my skin itchy after a while. 26 of the 39 jets in the spa are bullet jets, and that concerns me.

One of the reasons I got a Vista was because it had more jets and a little better placement (in my opinion). The bullet jets are nice for your upper back/shoulders, but I get tired of them after 10 minutes or so.