Headrests Deteriorating

sjt2900

All of a sudden our headrests seem to be deteriorating. The tub is a year and a half old. Should this have happened so quickly? I thought we were doing a pretty good job of maintaining everything. We've been using the tub mostly at night for a while and really didn't notice this happening until today when we were changing the water. I'm thinking there is nothing to do but replace them, but how can we keep this from happening again?

SL380330.jpg

All of a sudden our headrests seem to be deteriorating. The tub is a year and a half old. Should this have happened so quickly? I thought we were doing a pretty good job of maintaining everything. We've been using the tub mostly at night for a while and really didn't notice this happening until today when we were changing the water. I'm thinking there is nothing to do but replace them, but how can we keep this from happening again?

SL380330.jpg

use a buuble cover on the water to help keep the off gas from the ozone and the chemicals from getting it. an alternative is to take out the pillows when your not using tub. but that is a pain in the but...what chemical system are you using......

SL380330.jpg

If you look in the Sundance manual it says that everytime you shock your tub, you are suppose to remove the pillows...

the bubble cover is also called a solar blanket, you can get them in 6x6, 7x7 or 8x8, sizes they are generally blue with bubbles on one side, they also have them as a foam style also, call your dealer he should know about them... usually put on your water bubble side down, roughly $ 30.00 a lot cheaper to replace these then the pillows...

I have an 2002 Sundance Optima with ozonator just replaced the pillows this summer after 7 years and they did not look as bad a the ones in your picture. I use bromine in my tub you should check with the dealer they should not look like that so soon. Do you have the dealer check your water maybe your chemicals are off.