Trade Price Group

katie0506

• 2 months later...
HI

anyone else out there instigated Legal Proceedings against this company, they are linked to Spa Serve we understand, we have been well and truly mislead, and are substantially out of pocket.

Any help much appreciated.

Finally, Small claim has been lodged, (they are defending under their unfair clause in their contract 4.2)..

anyway Hurrah we have now had TRADING STANDARDS OFFICER VISIT OUR HOME and he has taken a full STATEMENT from us and we WILL be giving evidence against SIMON FOSTER, STUART COX, JONATHON HUSSLEBEE OF THE TRADE PRICE GROUP RUGELEY aka, UKHOTTUBS aka SPA SERVE ............ we will happily go to court as witnesses for STAFFORDSHIRE TRADING STANDARDS when they get the case against them, even if our SMALL CLAIM we have ongoing doesn't satisfy us.

We have also written to every Newspaper, watchdog, and have found many complaints and small claims/large claims against them and are writing to every customer who has been RIPPED OFF BY THESE COWBOYS.

they also trade under HDI, INSPARATIONS, FIRST CHOICE HOT TUBS and manufacturer is CHINESE J&J SANITARY WARE CO LTD, China.................. NOT American as they tell you when they visit your house and sell you the 'deal of the century'

CROOKS absolute CROOKS

HI

anyone else out there instigated Legal Proceedings against this company, they are linked to Spa Serve we understand, we have been well and truly mislead, and are substantially out of pocket.

Finally, Small claim has been lodged, (they are defending under their unfair clause in their contract 4.2)..

anyway Hurrah we have now had TRADING STANDARDS OFFICER VISIT OUR HOME and he has taken a full STATEMENT from us and we WILL be giving evidence against SIMON FOSTER, STUART COX, JONATHON HUSSLEBEE OF THE TRADE PRICE GROUP RUGELEY aka, UKHOTTUBS aka SPA SERVE ............ we will happily go to court as witnesses for STAFFORDSHIRE TRADING STANDARDS when they get the case against them, even if our SMALL CLAIM we have ongoing doesn't satisfy us.

We have also written to every Newspaper, watchdog, and have found many complaints and small claims/large claims against them and are writing to every customer who has been RIPPED OFF BY THESE COWBOYS.

they also trade under HDI, INSPARATIONS, FIRST CHOICE HOT TUBS and manufacturer is CHINESE J&J SANITARY WARE CO LTD, China.................. NOT American as they tell you when they visit your house and sell you the 'deal of the century'

CROOKS absolute CROOKS

Haha, I went to their website (J&J) - some of those spa pictures are so awkwardly photoshopped it's ridiculous! The main swimspa one especially.

there are four partners, and the tubs do come from j&j china, and the distribution/mother co is Spa Serve and the sales arms are The Trade price Group, ukhottubs, first choice, hdi enterprises (folded I think already along with Insparations)....... they are professional con men, liars and we have just found out the salesman who visited us gave a false name and was actually one of the partners........

we won't give up on this and are flabbergasted at the number of helpful contacts and details coming through to us now........

whatever anyone does out there do not buy from these people, do not trust them, and whatever you do if buying through this type of sale pay with a CREDIT CARD, don't be put off (as they did to us and get talked out of it with false promises)

Credit Card is only way you can get your money back without a fight.

keep the info coming the more evidence we collect the stronger our claim and the better the case for Trading STandards whom we have met, given full statement and we have agreed to go to court for Trading Standards when the case is made against them........... my next move is the police as this is criminal activity......... we will not give up.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, it seems we have been conned also, ordered and paid in full for a theatre spa April 2009 with Trade Price Group, told we would receive it within 8 weeks, told they didn't take credit cards to keep prices down, constantly fobbed off when we call and told we signed contract to agree it would be minimum 12 weeks - what steps should we take now? Thanks

there are four partners, and the tubs do come from j&j china, and the distribution/mother co is Spa Serve and the sales arms are The Trade price Group, ukhottubs, first choice, hdi enterprises (folded I think already along with Insparations)....... they are professional con men, liars and we have just found out the salesman who visited us gave a false name and was actually one of the partners........

we won't give up on this and are flabbergasted at the number of helpful contacts and details coming through to us now........

whatever anyone does out there do not buy from these people, do not trust them, and whatever you do if buying through this type of sale pay with a CREDIT CARD, don't be put off (as they did to us and get talked out of it with false promises)

Credit Card is only way you can get your money back without a fight.

keep the info coming the more evidence we collect the stronger our claim and the better the case for Trading STandards whom we have met, given full statement and we have agreed to go to court for Trading Standards when the case is made against them........... my next move is the police as this is criminal activity......... we will not give up.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/style_im...s/icon_open.gif

I am new to Blog !!! Please Help Me

I have ordered a spa from the trade price group as well. I have been waiting now for 5mths lots of letters and phone calls to this company, I have paid in full by cheque on the day I went to the spa shop in person to see the hot tubs. I take it from the amount of dissatisfied people firstly i will need to contact trading standards regarding this issue. Any other advise anyone can give me to recoupe my monies.

HI

CROOKS absolute CROOKS

Well It to looks like I have been riped off, I paid by cheque and will be contacting Trading Standards as well has anybody got more info or up to date info on this issues

All these people want is to extract money from your bank account.

They want you to pay as much up front, by cash or cheque.

I feel the contract is unenforceable and one sided. The "time of the essence" clause in the contract and the labeling of the goods as "Custom" I think is a obvious breach of some of these acts & regs.

Check out Cancellation Of Contracts made in a Consumers Home Regs 2008.

Also Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977.

Plus the usual Sale of good act etc.

Even the website breaches the UK's E-Commerce Regs.

I suspect the pack of cards is not far away from falling, which from all accounts will leave a lot of people out of pocket.

If your talking up to £5000 then the small claims is the best route. Over that amount could be a bit more expensive.

Good Luck

• 3 weeks later...

Good Luck

Contact Staffordshire Trading Standards, they are already compiling a large case on this company.

The more info they can get the better.

Hi Im also waiting to go to court to get my money back from the Trade Price Group. My court date is coming up and after being promised my money several times I still havent had it!! I have been waiting since september2009. We have got to stop this company doing this to more poor people. Its so distressing. They do not care about anybody. They came out to my house and met me and my 2 disabled children and took my money. They will now not refund me even though in my contarct it says I can cancel anytime, but after 7 days I will lose a third of my order value. I now have no money and no hot tub. Hows that fair?

Vicky

hope it was all worth saving a buck or two over buying north american made products from one of your local reputable dealers

new2me, these folks are in the UK being ripped off by a vendor who deals in the UK. They're not looking to save a 'buck'—they work with pounds sterling, and I'm sure when they initiated the purchase they thought they were working with a reputable dealer. We've all been defrauded at some time or other, it happens even in North America.

• 3 weeks later...

hope it was all worth saving a buck or two over buying north american made products from one of your local reputable dealers

new2me, these folks are in the UK being ripped off by a vendor who deals in the UK. They're not looking to save a 'buck'—they work with pounds sterling, and I'm sure when they initiated the purchase they thought they were working with a reputable dealer. We've all been defrauded at some time or other, it happens even in North America.

if they had a "store" that reputable dealers have..they could go somewhere to get their money back or at least a person to deal with...don't tell me people are not trying to save a buck dealing with internet based companies. if they want a list of reputable companies that are asset based in UK i will get you some as will other members on here. Sorry i have no sympathy for people that don't get off the pc and look in their own town for a dealer.

• 2 months later...

"We are a group of 50 ex-customers with court claims against The Trade Price Group, UKhotubsforsale owned by Simon Foster, Patrick Murray Simon Cox & Katie Foster.... our contact details are:-

Friendswithclaimsnationwide@gmail.com

We share all our information & we support each other at Court fihting to get back over "2000,000 from these companies, every one of us who has been to court has WON their judgements & their monies back surmounting to another £100,000+

We are spread from Scotland to Guernsey, & our Case Studies are REAL AND TRUE...

BE WARNED...CAVEAT EMPTOR...

DO NOT BUY FROM ANY OF THESE COMPANIES OR ANY OF THE NUMEROUS DOMAINS ASSOCIATED WITH THEM WHICH INCLUDE:-

MAGICSPAS.CO.UK,SPASERVE,TUBSALES.CO.IK,TRADE-PRICE-HOT-TUBS&THETRADEPRICEGROUPCOMPANY.CO.UK.

CAVEAT EMPTOR-BUYER BEWARE- IT IS A ILLEGAL BANKING SYSTEM-WITH 33% LOSS RATE WHEN 'YOU' DECIDE TO 'CASH OUT'... THE GROUP, Friends with Claims Nationwide (50 members) UK Channel Islands 30th July 2010.

We are a group of 50 ex-customers with court claims against The trade price group, Ukhottubsforsale owned by Simon Foster, Patrick Murray, Stuart Cox & Katie Foster......... our contact details are:-

friendswithclaimsnationwide@gmail.com

We share all our information & we support each other at Court in fighting to get back over £200,000 from these companies, every one of us who has been to court has WON their judgements & their monies back surmounting to another £100,000 +

We are spread from Scotland to Guernsey, & our Case Studies are REAL & TRUE ....... BE WARNED........ CAVEAT EMPTOR...

DO NOT BUY FROM ANY OF THESE COMPANIES OR ANY OF THE NUMEROUS DOMAINS ASSOCIATED WITH THEM WHICH INCLUDE:-

MAGICSPAS.CO.UK, SPASERVE, TUBSALES.CO.UK, TRADE-PRICE-HOT-TUBS, HOTTUBSUPERMARKET, TRADEPRICEGROUPCOMPANY.UK.COM & TRADEPRICEGROUPCOMPANY.CO.UK ........

CAVEAT EMPTOR - BUYER BEWARE - IT IS A ILLEGAL BANKING SYSTEM- WITH 33% LOSS RATE WHEN 'YOU' DECIDE TO 'CASH OUT'...................... The Group, Friends with Claims Nationwide (50 members), UK to Channel Islands 30th July 2010

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered my spa after 14 months of stress and trauma following the suicide of my mother in law. In April 2009 Site visit with Leon - purchased Oklahoma hot tub paid £5770.00 by bank cheque. Informed a maximum of 12 to 20 weeks to installation, ideal as we had booked a holiday of a lifetime to Florida from the 15th July 2009 with our son. and planned a surprise 40th for my husband on the 5th August 2009.

Following numerous phone calls and emails with Michelle Graham, being told a bigger order had come in and we had been pushed back, I began to regret the order. I managed to ascertain a delivery date in September and we finally received our spa on the 21st October 2009 a full 28 weeks after ordering. We did not receive the full order missing parasol, winter cover, and cover lifter. The keypad was sealed by Lee and Tim to avoid water seepage as this was a common fault!

Within 4 days the spa was not running right, not maintaining heat, telephone calls to the engineer Rob, always ended with me rebooting the spa and him talking me through the fault.

Again I complained to Jonathon Husselbee the General manager and he was very prompt to offer a compensation package of £488.00, chemicals for three months and a Free 3 year extended warranty programme from the 26.11.09.

We eventually shut the spa down in December due to the weather and lack of usage as we did not trust the spa. We rebooted the spa on the 1st February on instructions from Spaserve to ensure warm water was passed through the pipes etc. It ran ok for a week then the heat light on the keypad continuously flashed even when rebooted, spoke with the office and Rob rang and talked me through yet again the issue was never resolved. I spoke to Rob on numerous occasions, loss of heat/overheating sometimes up to 46' burning the cover to the spa and eventually he suggested I shut the spa down as the light flashing meant that the heat was not being controlled and it was drawing electric continuously. I immediately did so on the 21st May 2010.

I had alarm bells in my head and rang the meter reading through to Scottish power who informed me that my usage was over £1000 in excess of £740 to normal usage, we monitored this from when the spa closed down and it has returned to normal usage, I enclose bills for your perusal. I am paying £221.00 a month to Scottish Power to clear this debt and they agreed that the usage was too high. On the 11th May I had had an electrical Minor works assessment done on the house and all other appliances and circuits were correct.

I eventually had Rob on site on the 7th June 2010 and he ascertained the key pad was faulty and needed replacing, he stated this could affect electricity input but was not prepared to put it in writing as he was scared he would lose his job. To date I have had one email asking me to photograph the key pad so they can check if they have it in stock received on the 29th June. I have telephoned to state that Rob knew what was required and have heard nothing since!

My ideal is to return the spa and claim a full refund and I believe they do not think I would contact a solicitor so a claim maybe enough to push them to offering this to get rid of me. The customer care and service is diabolical from this company and I want it out of my garden and monies returned, I have aged and my stress levels are intolerable because of this one thing. I do not regret asking my husband to treating me to this following our traumatic time I just wish I had gone to a different company with excellent customer care and service. It is a lot of money to shell out on one luxury but it would have been such a joy to use now I detest looking at it as it has caused no end of anger and stress within my household. I do not want to throw good money after bad but feel I need some legal assistance to end this matter.

now in touch with the group mentioned above and will go all the way to get these companies closed down for good.