Sundance Ozone

sl3238

Purchased a Sundance Chelsee today..The dealer is giving me a choice between installing a "standard ozone" system or for an extra couple of hundred dollars, a higher output ozonator...Anyone have any thoughts on if it"s worth the extra money?

A basic Spa Eclipse ozonator is about $90.00. A high output MCD-50 is about $140.00. I would not pay a couple of hundred dollars more for something that doesn't cost a couple of hundred dollars all by itself.

Is the "standard ozone" option the factory fitted ozonator from Sundance? If so that will suffice, and I wouldn't bother spending any more money on it.

[/quoteThe ]

The standard is not installed at the factory but by the dealer...The dealer said the standard is 50mg or something like that as opposed to 250 in the higher capacity ozonator.....The 250 ozone system is installed at the factory...

I wouldn't put any ozone in, especially if you can get some money off.

You can't tell if ozone is working. And even if it is, it's debatable whether it's effective or not. Therefore (IMO) you can't reduce the level of sanitizer. So, it is essentially useless. Proper sanitizer kills the bad stuff.... once it's dead it's dead. Ozone, on the other hand, will deteriorate polymers like your pillows and the inside of your spa cover. Price those pillows... you'll see why you don't want anythiung that will shorten their life.

You can't tell if ozone is working. And even if it is, it's debatable whether it's effective or not. Therefore (IMO) you can't reduce the level of sanitizer. So, it is essentially useless. Proper sanitizer kills the bad stuff.... once it's dead it's dead. Ozone, on the other hand, will deteriorate polymers like your pillows and the inside of your spa cover. Price those pillows... you'll see why you don't want anythiung that will shorten their life.

Debatable if it works or not??!!...Essentially Useless??!!!....Wow, it's so true that this industry has more opinions than it has answers!! Personally, I like to take my 240 volt wires and stick em in the water while I'm sitting in it to kill off the "Bad Stuff"

Debatable if it works or not??!!...Essentially Useless??!!!....Wow, it's so true that this industry has more opinions than it has answers!! Personally, I like to take my 240 volt wires and stick em in the water while I'm sitting in it to kill off the "Bad Stuff"

Well, an opinion, yeah... just about everything poste on an internet forum is an "opinion". You have to look at the logic to see if it's reasonable, no? Can you TEST for it? How do you know it's working? How do you know that there's enough of it dispersed in your water to have any sanitizing effect? I'm not the only one that has doubts about ozone - look at this thread, for instance:

http://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.ph...60&hl=ozone

"IF" you are generating ozone in sufficient quantity and "IF" you can actually get it dispersed throughout the water then yes I believe it works. But since I can't TEST for either of those things, then those become mighty big "IF"s in my opinion. You can trust your health to it if you like... my "opinion" is that it's an unnecessary gamble. But, it's probably a better option than the 240V idea :P

Well, an opinion, yeah... just about everything poste on an internet forum is an "opinion". You have to look at the logic to see if it's reasonable, no? Can you TEST for it? How do you know it's working? How do you know that there's enough of it dispersed in your water to have any sanitizing effect? I'm not the only one that has doubts about ozone - look at this thread, for instance:

http://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.ph...60&hl=ozone

"IF" you are generating ozone in sufficient quantity and "IF" you can actually get it dispersed throughout the water then yes I believe it works. But since I can't TEST for either of those things, then those become mighty big "IF"s in my opinion. You can trust your health to it if you like... my "opinion" is that it's an unnecessary gamble. But, it's probably a better option than the 240V idea :P

You CAN test for it.