Nature 2

Guest Elaine

I'm interested in hearing from those of you that have used Nature 2 or are currently using this product. We recently switched over from Bromine, due to rashes. What has been your experience? What is your daily maintenance, as well as weekly maintenance?

I've been using it for 2 yrs now and love it. Daily I put in a tablespoon of sulfate once a week diclor. Clean filters every 2 weeks. We use the tub 4-5 days a week. I've turned 3 of my friends onto N2 and they love it. The N2 lasts about 5 months. I change the water every 2.5 months. We like so much I use it in my pool. A word if you smell a oder think back to the last time you cleaned the inside of your cover????

Elaine, I had an N2 when my pool was installed and followed the instructions on the low-chlor approach and spent lots of money on dealing with algae problems. After three years I quit using it and just keep the free chlorine between 3-5 and no more problems.

I read lots of challenges to the N2 claims and have come to consider N2 claims to be hogwash. I'm spending a bit more on chlorine, but also quit using "shock" and switched to liquid bleach so am saving money.

Elaine, I have been using the Nature 2 system in my pool for 7 years. It works great. Follow the instructions to balance water and activate cartridge. Keeping a 3 inch trichlor tab in a skinner maintains Chlorine ~ .4 -.5 ppm. Shock with tricholor when necessary. I have never had any algae.

I have had nature 2 on two pools not impressed

fist off you have to keep clorine in pool low level this means if you don't check or add at least once very 1 or 2 day's agle set's in once this happens can't get it out

i know put a gal of clorine in my pool very week and add acid when needed

still have nature 2 on it i'm looking into a salt generator this would maintain very low level of clorine and have to be checked 1to 3 days

i have a pool at my house since i was 6 mos old know 42 was my job to clean and care for it starting at about 11 years old best was adding liquid clorine ,

tables and powder add other chemicals to pool.

don't like the burn from clorine , so i tried nature 2 save your money buy liquid our look into salt generators

Guest Ted Mabie

To Jim,

Just to save you a little headache and alot of money unless you really want to give it away, if so , I'll send you my address!!! I've have repaired over 150 skimmersover the years from people doing exactly what you're are doing " tablets in the skimmers" . I went round and round with this one with a pool service buddy until he came up with an article out of POOL & SPA NEWS on that scenario. I had to underline the key sentence to point it out to him and now he doesn't do it anymore and we're both professionals in the industry. Here's the kicker,' as long as the pump is running there is no measureable pH difference" However if the pump is left off " a Dramtic pH change is noticed" When that pump is turned back on you are taking the equivilent of 1 qt of acid and adding it to your skimmer, that acidic water is now eating up your pump shaft seal , your stainless steel filter tank and your copper heat exchanger in your pool heater. In the meantime even before the pump turns on you are slowly dissolving away the grout transition between your skimmer and the tile. That grout , once eaten away, caused one former customer to lose ! 1/2 inches of water per day . So I would highly reccomend that you discontinue using tabs in the skimmer and spend the $70 or so and install an in line chlorinator and spend the rest of your money taking your better half out to dinner !!!!! Ted the pool guy

Nature 2 is my recommended choice for existing spas. If you have an ozonater, it's a great combination. The only time I've heard of chalenges with this system is when the spa is overused or directions weren't followed. Zodiac Pool Care, Inc. is the company that manufactures this and you can visit their website and print off a "recipe" on how to use this system. I'm not familiar with it when in regards to pools but it has been great for many people I've recommended it to in the last 4 years. The companies phone number is 800-937-7873 and the website is www.zodiacpoolcare.com . Hope this helps!!!