D1-nautilus, Caldera-niagra, Sundance Optima, Or Coast-radiance

swagmaster

I am currently looking at these three:

D1 Nautilus - Floor Model $8300 or Order with choice of cabinet for $9400. Seems like a reall great price, but for some reason the D1's just look really plain.

Caldera Niagara - Very sharp looking unit and seems like it has a lot to offer and price is about $9,100

Sundance Optima or Cameo $12,200 - Seems very high priced but I have not haggled yet

Coast Radiance - $9,500 - Semmed nice, but for some reason, just not sold.

My gut seems to like the Caldera or Sundance, and will most likely will wet test these. Any thoughts on these models.

I think it may be more that they were showing it in the white which is really white. The others also had lighting that was standard, and they also had the air jets. To get another color, I would bump up $1,000.

What is it about the Nautilus that seems plain? Maybe you could check out the Californian with LFX or the Chairman II, they are really well built and beautiful spas.

The D1, Caldera and Sundance are all very good choices but I'd opt out of the Sundance based on a price of $3k more than other two, which are priced reasonably for those models (and I'd only look to get the D1 floor model if the color and options are truly what you want for the next 10+ years).

I'd wet test and based on the results I'd get the D1 or Caldera. Usually the wet test tells the tale but also make sure you're comfortable that each dealer will be there for you after the sale.

I own a Caldera Geneva, which is the same as the Niagra but has the lounger.It's a great tub and I would recomend it.

a Wet test should help you narrow the field.

Good luck.

I sell spas up in Spokane, SPecifically the D1 . what a great price they are offering i am over 9400.00, all the brands you are looking at a great brands,, it may look plain, but look at the features it has from the ultrapure ozone system,to the performance of the spa it will make the plain look a lot better.and the white if it is the ultralife is a great material, if you add a l.e.d light range from 35 to 100 aftermarket , the lighting in the spa will show better, if you think about a movie screen is white to show the colors more vivid... and easy to clean the shell , if it gets dirty you can use a green scrubby from your kitchen it won't scratch the surface were you cannot do on an acrylic shell, hope this helps you out a little bit, any questions let me know.....

Any thoughts on why D1 doesn't put the air jets in their tubs. i know they don't really do much other than a bubbly water but was curious on your thoughts?

I sell spas up in Spokane, SPecifically the D1 . what a great price they are offering i am over 9400.00, all the brands you are looking at a great brands,, it may look plain, but look at the features it has from the ultrapure ozone system,to the performance of the spa it will make the plain look a lot better.and the white if it is the ultralife is a great material, if you add a l.e.d light range from 35 to 100 aftermarket , the lighting in the spa will show better, if you think about a movie screen is white to show the colors more vivid... and easy to clean the shell , if it gets dirty you can use a green scrubby from your kitchen it won't scratch the surface were you cannot do on an acrylic shell, hope this helps you out a little bit, any questions let me know.....

Any thoughts on why D1 doesn't put the air jets in their tubs. i know they don't really do much other than a bubbly water but was curious on your thoughts?

Swagmaster

are you talking an air blower, if so i do not have a good answer, but if you look at most high end spas they do not use the air blower, but they have air injected into the jets like others.....i am glad they do not use an air blower i am not a fan of them.....

Swagmaster

are you talking an air blower, if so i do not have a good answer, but if you look at most high end spas they do not use the air blower, but they have air injected into the jets like others.....i am glad they do not use an air blower i am not a fan of them.....

The "Air blower" on the Caldera tubs (and on other makes) is not the same as the mixer valves found on most every tub.

Typical mixers mix air with the water via a venturi which creates a more forcefull, stronger jet or pressure sensation from the water jet. Hower, the "Air blower" is a very different and seperate feature.

With the Air blower feature, air is injectected into the water through seperate small jets using a sepreate air turbine. The sensation is cool and refreshing on the skin. I like it and it makes using the tub in hot weather very enjoyable. (it also helps bring down the water temp). It's not a feature I use too much in very cold weather, only if i am getting a bit overheated. All in all, I like it, and it's a nice feature.

As far as cleaning the shell, I have a pearl white shell and occassionaly wipe the water line down with a Mr Clean Magic Eraser. (as I had to do with my colored shell, and my textured granite shell as well).

D1 Nautilus - Floor Model $8300 or Order with choice of cabinet for $9400. Seems like a reall great price, but for some reason the D1's just look really plain.

Caldera Niagara - Very sharp looking unit and seems like it has a lot to offer and price is about $9,100

Sundance Optima or Cameo $12,200 - Seems very high priced but I have not haggled yet

My gut seems to like the Caldera or Sundance, and will most likely will wet test these. Any thoughts on these models.

We have had a Coast Radiance with the lounger for about 1 1/2 years. We are generally happy with it. There were several little issues fixed by the dealer (leaking pump seal, loose jet, loose light connections). We also had a the cover core absorb water on one half very quickly. The cover evidently is a warranty issue with the cover manufacturer, and the dealer had to badger them to no end to back it up. I would suggest making sure your Coast dealer is solid, as I think their dealers will make or break the support. The manufacturer is not the most responsive from what I have seen.

We have had a Coast Radiance with the lounger for about 1 1/2 years. We are generally happy with it. There were several little issues fixed by the dealer (leaking pump seal, loose jet, loose light connections). We also had a the cover core absorb water on one half very quickly. The cover evidently is a warranty issue with the cover manufacturer, and the dealer had to badger them to no end to back it up. I would suggest making sure your Coast dealer is solid, as I think their dealers will make or break the support. The manufacturer is not the most responsive from what I have seen.

Coast has switched from Cal Covers to Sunstar so the quality of the covers has been upgraded. With any spa you buy regardless of how good or bad the manufacturer, you need a good dealer.

Coast has switched from Cal Covers to Sunstar so the quality of the covers has been upgraded. With any spa you buy regardless of how good or bad the manufacturer, you need a good dealer.

that is a good switch to Sunstar , Cal Cover has turnover issues, so items get lost in the shuffle.....

Can't someone just pick for me????? :wacko:

I like the D1 Nautilis

Get the Niagara. There you go, Roger and I canceled each other out so the decision is back on you. :lol:

2nd vote for the Niagra.

My Count has Nautilus 3-2. Just found out that my D1 dealer doesn't do wet tests, Argh! Have a wet set for Sundance on Saturday.

Can't someone just pick for me????? :wacko:

I like the D1 Nautilis

Get the Niagara. There you go, Roger and I canceled each other out so the decision is back on you. :lol:

2nd vote for the Niagra.

o.k i gotta throw in the vote for the D1 Nautilus....

Of course the Nautilus..!

My Count has Nautilus 3-2. Just found out that my D1 dealer doesn't do wet tests, Argh! Have a wet set for Sundance on Saturday.

LOL, either one will do fine for you so I wouldn't put much stock in a vote here unless people are specifically telling you one is to be avoided which obviously isn't the case. That wet test should tell you a lot.