Terrible Arctic Delivery Service

glaciercory

2:05 empty driveway??? "No Glacier Cory". The guy did call Around 11 am. asking "what color cover did you order?" O well see what shakes down here!!!

I can hear it already....

"we got your tub in but when we were uncrating it for delivery this morning we realized it was the wrong one with the wrong cover.....now we have to return this one and get the right one coming....damn manufacturer, really it's not our fault, the problem is out of our control"

good luck

Ah!! 230pm and spa is here on crane truck!!!!!! Crane is too small won't reach to rear deck!! SHOCKER!!! I have called my original crane guy and he will be here in an hour. A month and a half ago, I had him come out and measure the job. NO PROBLEM he says $200 cash. No NO says Arctic guy we will use my guy. So there is a spa in my front yard on my lawn and my guy is on the way. Stayed tuned for further updates kids, this can't possibly end here it is just getting good!!!!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wanted to let everybody know that Arctic Spas and I have parted company, effective today, on what we'll describe as early retirement (polite word for laid off).

I've enjoyed my six years with Arctic, and wish the company all the best in the future. James is going to be around and will help with customer concerns.

I've also enjoyed my time on this forum. It's been a pleasure to help visitors, join in the debates, and learn from so many of you. All the regulars on the forum have my best wishes as well.

Keep soakin'

Tom

Wanted to let everybody know that Arctic Spas and I have parted company, effective today, on what we'll describe as early retirement (polite word for laid off).

I've enjoyed my six years with Arctic, and wish the company all the best in the future. James is going to be around and will help with customer concerns.

I've also enjoyed my time on this forum. It's been a pleasure to help visitors, join in the debates, and learn from so many of you. All the regulars on the forum have my best wishes as well.

Keep soakin'

Tom

Wow, sorry to hear that, you've always been a class act and genuinely helpful to Arctic owners. Best wishes!!!

Keep soakin'

Tom

Wow, sorry to hear that, you've always been a class act and genuinely helpful to Arctic owners. Best wishes!!!

VERY sorry to hear this!!!!! I have felt some true concern in your posts. I think the company loses some great insight with their decision to " let you go". I hope you find what YOU need out there. Nanaimo dealership could use a guy of your experience. On a personal note, my tub is here and filling on my deck as I post this. Tom thank you for your concerns and attention to the little guy guys out here in the world of tubs. Electrician and spa guy here in the am. to get the tub up and running!! Then..........well we will deal with the next step when it comes. As for today, tub is placed and tomorrow is a new day!! By the way the spa guy did ask for balance on the payment for the tub. That will be taken care of tomorrow as well!!!!!!!

"The check is in the mail"?

"My wife took the checkbook to the store"?

"I'm waiting for delivery of new checks as I ran out"?

I'm sure there's some...............other............. excuses?

I would pay them with the exact amount of delay that they honored you with.

That's great that you got your tub!!!!! good for you! Now time to relax and enjoy.

Wow Tom best of luck, I actually purchased an Arctic Klondiker LSE w/Aquatremor plus, Onzen from Premium Hot Tubs on Long Island (coming Mid NOV) for 14K, mostly because of the fact that you were so responsive with problems and concerns. I hope I made the right choice...... and again best of luck

Sorry to hear about that Tom. I think I speak for many of us on here, but thanks for everything that you have done for Arctic Spas, and for assisting all of the customers over the years on these forums. I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

640 views on my post since last night! Not even 24 hours!! Thanks people I need a outlet and resource like this very much.

I value the input from others that have come before me. Thank you again ...........

Keep soakin'

Tom

Tom,

I'm not a regular poster but drop in on this forum from time to time. I want to thank you for your considered contributions to other threads as well, such as the Costco Evolution thread. You have presented knowledgeable, useful, and considerate information. I hope the closing of this door will soon open an even more lucrative and enjoyable window of opportunity.

Dave

Keep soakin'

Tom

Tom,

I'm not a regular poster but drop in on this forum from time to time. I want to thank you for your considered contributions to other threads as well, such as the Costco Evolution thread. You have presented knowledgeable, useful, and considerate information. I hope the closing of this door will soon open an even more lucrative and enjoyable window of opportunity.

Dave

I am sorry to hear about your lay off. I was also laid off after 18 years where I work so I understand what you must be going through. My only advice I can give in trust in the good lord as worrying won't do anything to help the situation. Our family will say a prayer for you and yours!

Keep soakin'

Tom

Tom,

I wish you and your family the best of luck, I was in your situation once, and I hope the good Lord shines on you going forward. I'm guessing that some other spa manufacturer has seen your outstanding work, knows of your availability, and you won't be facing the abyss for very long.

I also have been tossing around - Jacuzzi vs. Arctic, since August. I've been reading up on all this, trying to make a decision. There was a limited show sale on Jacuzzi Spas that ended yesterday at my local dealer.

I walked out of their shop thinking "I think I'm going with Arctic."

Now I'm not so sure.

I have read up on a lot of problems with Arctic Spas, but they had you on this board and others to intervene, cut red tape, get things done, and give advice. And there seemed to have been some severe, serious problems that probably would NOT have been resolved had it not been for your efforts.

I do not know of the magnitude of problems, overall, but the fact that you have been forced out throws a monstrous red flag up and although I made a tentative decision yesterday to go with Arctic and away from Jacuzzi, I'm now non-committal.

It was a very TOUGH decision-- not easy -- to say "Arctic over Jacuzzi". I have not yet gone beyond the negotiation stage with my local Arctic dealer and am thankful for that.

When any company starts cutting out their effective customer-facing troubleshooters, it's not a good sign.

Based on the company releasing you, I have re-assessed my tentative decision and will likely be re-visiting the Jacuzzi dealer. That doesn't mean the decision is final ; but, it's got me thinking again.

I've read about pop-out jets, many reports of bad dealer service, conflicting instructions on chemical analysis, inability to get the salt required for the Onzen purifier, and other problems with it, long-overdue shipments of custom-ordered tubs, and general complaints of things not working well. I would not have minded taking some risks, and eliminating some of them up front (the pop-out jet problem indicates this, but the dealer mentioned that and explained that the fix was in for it).

Long story short - at 2 pm yesterday, I was ready to buy Arctic. At midnight, I read that you were, "retired".

At 8:30 am today, I discussed the situation with my wife and we have decided to keep our powder dry on this.

Again, keep in touch, and good luck.

Keep soakin'

Tom

Having been an observer of this, and other spa industry forums over the past year or so, I wanted to thank and commend Tom for the wonderful work he did in facilitating the exchange of information to and from our company to the great many spa owners and potential owners out there. I believe Tom represented the spirit and integrity that we all strive to attain at Blue Falls Manufacturing. We will continue to be a part of this forum and others, and hope to offer our assistance to others who are interested in the hot tub lifestyle.

All the best Tom, thank you once again.

Sincerely,

Vern Nelson

North American Factory Rep

Blue Falls Manufacturing Ltd.

Manufacturer of Arctic Spa, Coyote Spa, Apollo Spa

Arctic Gazebos and Guild Billiards

Tub is up and running!! 4 hrs to temp and then.......... Well lets say I need a soak after these last 3 days, 2 months, etc.

Anyway, on to the reason I got a tub!! Lets hope the worst is behind me and the future is yet to be determined. It has been a bumpy ride so hopefully things will mellow out and I can enjoy this tub without any more issues. Wishful thinking or optimism? Either way moving on in "The Spa Game". Thanks again to the users on this forum for getting me through!!!!!!!!!!

Keep soakin'

Tom

Tom,

I am gutted to hear that you have been laid off. I would like to thank you for all the work you have put in here helping people with any problems/concerns they have had. You have also been a fantastic ambassador for Arctic Spas here and i just wish you all the very best for the future.

Regards and all the best.

Andy

Northwest Spas

• 5 months later...

And of course another one bites the dust. I suspect you were good at what you did. Its sad to see the ones who care leave. Its a loss to the company, you thought my friend will do fine.

Keep soakin'

Tom

Keep soakin'

Tom

there loss is our gain i am sure someone will pick you up i have been doing this for 8 years now and when i was "let go"i had a phone call on my machine when i got home that day with what you know you should not be out of work long good luck and maybe now is the time to hang your own shingle up somewhere and make your presence known

• 1 month later...

NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Well, I've been gone for a while and very sad to hear Tom is gone because it does not seem anyone else cares to provide service for Arctic. I love my tub and things do go wrong. If I had realized how poor service was for Arctic and how bad there dealer networks were, I may have considered another product.

For the past few months, my pump/motor has been having issues and my warranty expires next month. My tub is now not usable and I suspect I am screwed. If anyone knows how to get service, please contact me asap.

Artic Cub

NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Well, I've been gone for a while and very sad to hear Tom is gone because it does not seem anyone else cares to provide service for Arctic. I love my tub and things do go wrong. If I had realized how poor service was for Arctic and how bad there dealer networks were, I may have considered another product.

For the past few months, my pump/motor has been having issues and my warranty expires next month. My tub is now not usable and I suspect I am screwed. If anyone knows how to get service, please contact me asap.

Artic Cub

Dear Arctic Cub,

I am sorry to hear that you are having difficulty getting service for your spa. I recommend you try contacting our warranty department at the factory if your dealer is not responsive. The number is 1-800-309-1744. I know that our team will do what we can to get your spa up and working.

Kind regards,

James

Artic Cub

Dear Arctic Cub,

I am sorry to hear that you are having difficulty getting service for your spa. I recommend you try contacting our warranty department at the factory if your dealer is not responsive. The number is 1-800-309-1744. I know that our team will do what we can to get your spa up and working.

Kind regards,

James

Artic Cub

Dear Arctic Cub,

Kind regards,

James

=============================

James,

Thanks for the quick reply. I had also emailed from the corporate web site last night and Beau in warranty services replied this morning. I am impressed with the quick responses and immediately makes me feel much better to know that Blue Falls takes service issues seriously as that has not always been the case IMO. I look forward to getting this resolved and will post updates for the community to hear the results.

Artic Cub

Artic Cub

Hi there,

Sorry you are having some problems. Please PM me your spa serial number and contact information and I will get you the help you need.

Vern

Vern Nelson

North American Factory Rep

Blue Falls Manufacturing

vnelson@goarctic.com

UPDATE:

After my first blog just over a week ago, I was contacted by 3 different people from Corporate that day which was great!

I played phone tag with 2 of them and eventually got hold of the Warranty Manager who requested I give him until last tuesday so he could contact the service repair guy and he would follow up with me then.

Overall Status: It has been about 2+ months since I first reported a motor issue, it has now been 3 weeks without our hot tub and it is now Memorial Weekend and NO RETURN CALLS OR SCHEDULED SERVICE!

Artic Cub