Terrible Arctic Delivery Service

glaciercory

This is ridiculous!!! 1 month late on delivery. Then no show on new dev. date!! Now here tomorrow for 11 am. sure!! Wait 2 hours later phone call changing to 2-3 pm. I am at wits end here and I don't even have the tub here! So far all my $14,000 has got me is a whole lot of broken promises. I could not be more disappointed with this crap so far. Two days of lost wages waiting for a tub that is 10 minutes away in a warehouse. Tom talk your Nanaimo dealer out of this one!!!! If I don't get this done tomorrow I am backing out of this deal. I have never been treated SO poorly by any merchant. I have to get this message out to people. There is a problem here and I am very frustrated. Any suggestions on dealing with a outfit that takes your $$$$$$$$$ then sluffs off your purchase delivery??? Am I out of touch here or is this the Hot Tub Business???????

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would kill the deal personally. how do you think they will respond when no money is involved for after the sale warranty service you may have? Are there other options available to you?

Plenty of other spa dealers around her on Vancouver Island!!! Even another Arctic dealer 2 hours north. I just thought that A customer could be assured of what was promised. The fact is that the "reasons" I am being given for delays seem very weak and somewhat creative in nature. I like the product but am suspicious of the commitment of the dealer employees. Will let you know what happens tomorrow..............

I would kill the deal personally. how do you think they will respond when no money is involved for after the sale warranty service you may have? Are there other options available to you?

Vote #2 for killing the deal. Dealer service is very important. The right dealer can enhance your spa experience.

What about the electrician that Arctic insists is present at delivery/hookup...??? I'm getting scared here. My Arctic is coming in 3 weeks or so and I can't have my electrician waiting around and then being cancelled. Hopefully not ALL Arctic dealers are like yours....

I'm with the other guys; cancel and go for your something else....unless they are willing to compensate you with $$$$

Hi Cory,

Tom brought your issue with the local dealer to me and I just wanted you to know that we are contacting the dealer to find out what is going on and light a fire under him. I am sorry for the service you have received. We try as best as we can to impress upon dealers everywhere that customer service and support are equally as important as the product they carry. We provide training and operational guidelines to help them better manage their retail operations and most dealers use these tools to provide the kind of service one would expect with a product such as ours. Hopefully a call from someone at the factory will remind your dealer of this.

Sincerely,

James

Yeah okay sounds good enough. Second day home from work waiting for delivery! Will be unable to meet previous obligations I have due to this situation. Wife has taken Friday off to enjoy our new purchase. The is a ripple effect associated with these delays is affecting our lives. My electrician is growing tired of my changing plans also. This is making me crazy and I am looking quite the fool.

Hi Cory,

Tom brought your issue with the local dealer to me and I just wanted you to know that we are contacting the dealer to find out what is going on and light a fire under him. I am sorry for the service you have received. We try as best as we can to impress upon dealers everywhere that customer service and support are equally as important as the product they carry. We provide training and operational guidelines to help them better manage their retail operations and most dealers use these tools to provide the kind of service one would expect with a product such as ours. Hopefully a call from someone at the factory will remind your dealer of this.

Sincerely,

James

Since the factory is involved - what will they do for you???

I like the Arctic design and Tom is a good guy. But if your dealer is dropping the ball, I would vote with my wallet. $14k is top-end money. Someone needs to make this well for you, and that means monetarily, not promises and words. Words are cheap. Service is what you paid for. You have plenty of other options.

It's amazing to me how some "business" people bite the hand that feeds them. In this economy, they should be all over you, making you the happiest camper and best reference in town.

I can see it already.....the dealer used this months sales to pay last months invoices.

They are on credit hold with the company, and waiting for some more business to come through the door with deposits to pay for your tub.....purely grasping at straws theory....but still possible.

I have seen it before.....good luck....I bet your money is gone already.

It it's true, you will totally be left holding the bag.

This is how consumers get burnt during bankruptcy proceedings, and why it is so important to know the people you do business with.

I can see it already.....the dealer used this months sales to pay last months invoices.

They are on credit hold with the company, and waiting for some more business to come through the door with deposits to pay for your tub.....purely grasping at straws theory (yes this is grasping at this point) ....but still possible (true, it is also possible).

I have seen it before (so have I) .....good luck....I bet your money is gone already. (First you say you're grasping and now you're prognastication is the $ is gone? It might be a bit early to kiss the money goodbye though I can understad the concern)

They are on credit hold with the company, and waiting for some more business to come through the door with deposits to pay for your tub.....purely grasping at straws theory (yes this is grasping at this point) ....but still possible (true, it is also possible).

I have seen it before (so have I) .....good luck....I bet your money is gone already. (First you say you're grasping and now you're prognastication is the $ is gone? It might be a bit early to kiss the money goodbye LOL. Maybe if he'd been strung along for months it would be more probable but 2 days late is a bit premature to be jumping on the ponzi scheme bandwagon )

From the original thred starter: "This is ridiculous!!! 1 month late on delivery. Then no show on new dev. date!!". So it is beyond reasonable.

But yes, the speculation on what happened to the money is just speculation. In this economy, though... could well prove out to be the case.

If the orig poster paid w/ credit card.... contact them soon!

From the original thred starter: "This is ridiculous!!! 1 month late on delivery. Then no show on new dev. date!!". So it is beyond reasonable.

But yes, the speculation on what happened to the money is just speculation. In this economy, though... could well prove out to be the case.

I misread the post at first and changed my previous response when I saw the "month late" part. Hopefully all gets ironed out ASAP.

This is ridiculous!!! 1 month late on delivery. Then no show on new dev. date!! Now here tomorrow for 11 am. sure!! Wait 2 hours later phone call changing to 2-3 pm. I am at wits end here and I don't even have the tub here! So far all my $14,000 has got me is a whole lot of broken promises. I could not be more disappointed with this crap so far. Two days of lost wages waiting for a tub that is 10 minutes away in a warehouse. Tom talk your Nanaimo dealer out of this one!!!! If I don't get this done tomorrow I am backing out of this deal. I have never been treated SO poorly by any merchant. I have to get this message out to people. There is a problem here and I am very frustrated. Any suggestions on dealing with a outfit that takes your $$$$$$$$$ then sluffs off your purchase delivery??? Am I out of touch here or is this the Hot Tub Business???????

Cancel... if the customer service is this bad and you don't even have the tub, how is it going to be like after you have it?

I misread the post at first and changed my previous response when I saw the "month late" part. Hopefully all gets ironed out ASAP.

Talked to keith and things are as clear as mud!!! 3 hours until latest delivery time. Should be here with crane truck to place on rear deck. Fingers crossed and trying to remain positive. Thanks to all for the outlet of frustration. Any bets on whether or not this happens for me TODAY??????

Talked to keith and things are as clear as mud!!! 3 hours until latest delivery time. Should be here with crane truck to place on rear deck. Fingers crossed and trying to remain positive. Thanks to all for the outlet of frustration. Any bets on whether or not this happens for me TODAY??????

The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. No bets here but GOOD LUCK, I hope it all works out.

Again, what will the manufacturer do for you? You should be complaining (nicely) and asking this question.

I bet no....but I am in a bad mood overshadowed by the economy.

better judgment would say you will get your tub.

I bet yes... they definitly don't want to loose out on a 14k sale. They should offer you something though to compensate for all the problems...

I've got my $$ on it showing up because I gotta believe they know they are close to getting a cancellation. Since this is coming in on a crane and based on what you've gone through thus far I'd take a couple moments when the truck is there to visually verify with the delivery guy that you're getting exactly what you expect before that crane sets it in your yard.

I've got my $$ on it showing up because I gotta believe they know they are close to getting a cancellation. Since this is coming in on a crane and based on what you've gone through thus far I'd take a couple moments when the truck is there to visually verify with the delivery guy that you're getting exactly what you expect before that crane sets it in your yard.

2:05 empty driveway??? "No Glacier Cory". The guy did call Around 11 am. asking "what color cover did you order?" O well see what shakes down here!!!

2:05 empty driveway??? "No Glacier Cory". The guy did call Around 11 am. asking "what color cover did you order?" O well see what shakes down here!!!

I can hear it already....

"we got your tub in but when we were uncrating it for delivery this morning we realized it was the wrong one with the wrong cover.....now we have to return this one and get the right one coming....damn manufacturer, really it's not our fault, the problem is out of our control"

good luck