New Arctic Spa (cub Model) Owner....got A Problem

Paul Brun

I recently purchased a Arctic Spa Hot tub to replace the aging hot tub that came with the home. It is an Arctic Spa - Cub Model and since installation in July, I have been able to maintain a happy chemical balance up until about a month ago. It appears that now, I am having trouble maintaining the blue-ish tint that I usually had and can't seem to keep it "blue".

Chemical balance is in check as per my test strips, so what gives? I have drained and re-filled the tub once and it went back to green a few days later.....the tub seems to be circulating, so does anyone have any idea's?

Paul

Hi, Paul. I've moved your thread into the Water Chemistry section where you can get more help.

There are many possible causes of greenish water. Is it clear, or murky? Any odor? Are you using well water with copper in it? Are you using Aquafiness?

I'd be willing to help, but my instructions are to refer you to your dealer, who is your first and main resource. Has your dealer offered any solutions? Have you had the water professionally tested? (If there is any issue such that your dealer cannot help, please PM me and we'll see about getting things worked out for you.)

You might try a test kit that uses liquid indicators, as many people report that it is more accurate (though admittedly a bit more work) than the test strips.

Search the Water Chemistry forum for "green water" to see what comes up.

Hi, Paul. I've moved your thread into the Water Chemistry section where you can get more help.

There are many possible causes of greenish water. Is it clear, or murky? Any odor? Are you using well water with copper in it? Are you using Aquafiness?

I'd be willing to help, but my instructions are to refer you to your dealer, who is your first and main resource. Has your dealer offered any solutions? Have you had the water professionally tested? (If there is any issue such that your dealer cannot help, please PM me and we'll see about getting things worked out for you.)

You might try a test kit that uses liquid indicators, as many people report that it is more accurate (though admittedly a bit more work) than the test strips.

Search the Water Chemistry forum for "green water" to see what comes up.

It is only slightly murky and there doesn't appear to be any odor. I did fill it up with city tap water and I am not aware of Aquafiness....

I have emailed my local retailer, but I guess a phone-call is more direct and will likely get a faster response. I have had the water professionally tested, and at the time, I only

had to adjust the Calcium Hardness and slightly lower the bromine by reducing the flow through the Brominator, but it seems like it has no affect. If I reduce it to low, the Bromine reads zero, if I increase the flow, it reads to high, or at least, that is now the strips are read. I used to have a digital read-out, which works, but I ran out of those test-strips, so the liquid test may be more what I am looking for, if it provides a digital read-out. I am hoping the dealer can come out as part of their warranty coverage to see what is happening.....

The filtration cycle is set to FD02 and FF04, which is the most frequent use of the filtration cycle.

Thoughts? I remember using a liquid indicator test kit when I had a pool in Phoenix, so I don't think it would that difficult. I would likely prefer that over test-strips as some test-strips can be faulty and provide false-readings....

Paul

Hi Paul,

I'm curious....What is your pH level?

James

Just got the levels checked yesterday and all appears to be in check. ph = 7.5, Bromine at 3, Alkalinity at 120 or a little lower and

Hardness is 150.

I did a bit of adjustments over the weekend and the tub seems clear, still slightly green, so it is likely clearing up....

Paul