After 12 Months....still Like It?

canucker

I would just like to get a general idea from hot tub owners if after owning for 12 months and going through 4 seasons, is it still used as much? Still the same enthusiasm about owning a hot tub? Just trying to get a feel for how much is worth investing...in relation to the level of enjoyment/enthusiasm that might be expected. I know everyone is different, but...thought I'd ask anyway!

I would just like to get a general idea from hot tub owners if after owning for 12 months and going through 4 seasons, is it still used as much? Still the same enthusiasm about owning a hot tub? Just trying to get a feel for how much is worth investing...in relation to the level of enjoyment/enthusiasm that might be expected. I know everyone is different, but...thought I'd ask anyway!

Been over 14 months now since I got my new Vanguard, and still use it almost every night before bed. Only skip usually a one or two nights a month or so, and that is usually due to heavy rain. Winters are the best by far.

My wife who used to go 2-3 times a week does not go quite as often now, but again, she says she is waiting for winter......

Don't have the wild neighborhood parties I thought were coming though, (you know, the one's you see in all the brochures!), even though when my kids are home from school, it's overflowing with friends every night.

No regrets on buying it at all, or more importantly, buying a high end, well made & efficient tub, too. If it was costing me a ton of $ to keep it running, I may not be so happy.

Thanks, Randy

I have had my Costco Plattinum II spa four years and still use it three to four times per week and the tub has been flawless with no huge bills as some would suggest here. I am so glad I didn't pay the 8k for a similar dealer spa sold locally but rather the 4k for a awesome spa that I can still return if I wanted to. That is one reason I didn't want to "invest " in a spa but pay cash and not a lot. I would check out Costco and the new "strong" model they have. almost makes me want one!

I have had this tub just over a year but have had others in the past. Besided some of the problems associated with buying a used tub I have loved it. I tend to use is every day in the Fall, Winter and Spring and probably only once a week in the Summer.

Been over 14 months now since I got my new Vanguard, and still use it almost every night before bed. Only skip usually a one or two nights a month or so, and that is usually due to heavy rain. Winters are the best by far.

My wife who used to go 2-3 times a week does not go quite as often now, but again, she says she is waiting for winter......

Don't have the wild neighborhood parties I thought were coming though, (you know, the one's you see in all the brochures!), even though when my kids are home from school, it's overflowing with friends every night.

No regrets on buying it at all, or more importantly, buying a high end, well made & efficient tub, too. If it was costing me a ton of $ to keep it running, I may not be so happy.

Thanks, Randy

Hi Randy...what make did you get?

Thanks, Randy

Hi Randy...what make did you get?

Hot Springs Vanguard.....so far been great...but you MUST wet test first!

Randy

Almost 17 months with my 2008 Hotspring Sovereign and I still enjoy it 2 or 3 nights a week and do not regret the purchase. Friends lost interest and I've yet to have a "hot tub party" - just the occasional guest every now and then.

If I had to nit-pick and try hard to find one regret, it would be not spending 2-3 grand more and going for a Vista or Grandee. Even though it's only me 99% of the time, it would just be nice to have an ever larger body of warm water to soak in. After all, isn't it the American way to do things to excess? :)