Arctic Vs Jacuzzi Vs Thermospas

We're looking at all three and planning to make the decision within a week....anyone? Share an opinion? Tub will be in the coastal Massachusetts area - oft, brutal winters, but rarely sub-zero for any extended period of time.

?????

Agree with the consensus to stay clear of Thermospa. Check out their BBB file and you will see why.

In regards to the Arctic and Jacuzzi, you cant go wrong with either one really. Both major manufactures that produce quality tubs backed with strong warranties. It can come down to the dealer. Check out your local dealers to get some more knowledge on them. Also, you might wet test both of them to see which one you like better. When all things are equal, a wet test is a must. What tubs are you looking at in regards to the Arctic and Jacuzzi? Good luck.

Probably Cub Ultra, if we go Arctic. We may go up a level, however.

Or something in the J-300 or J-400 series if we go Jacuzzi.

We had a site review from the ThermoSpas gentleman, I have to admit I was a little more impressed than I had been before we talked, but it wasn't enough to dislodge the other two from 1A and 1B on the list.

And the price I was quoted for what TSpas offered was on the steep side.

Arctic seemed to carry durabilty as their message, Jacuzzi seemed to deliver more features. I haven't tried HotSprings, I should do that soon.

Thank you for your guidance, I'll keep you all posted.

I've had a really poor experience with Arctic. The tub has had numerous problems and the dealer support has been lousy.

Please PM me with your name and the serial number of your Arctic Spa.

What kind of trouble are you having with your Arctic? Mechanical stuff or customer service support? do you feel you got a good price for the value? how old is your spa? I also looked at thermo spas and agree for what you are getting they are extreemly high priced. I would want more for the money or a lot less in price.

Our Jacuzzi J-480 arrived last week and we love it. I have no information on the other two hot tubs but we considered Hot Springs (Vista) and the Sundance (Cameo) and after wet testing each the Jacuzzi came out on top for us. Great jets and comfort. Wet testing each tub is imperative before purchasing good luck.

Our Jacuzzi J-480 arrived last week and we love it. I have no information on the other two hot tubs but we considered Hot Springs (Vista) and the Sundance (Cameo) and after wet testing each the Jacuzzi came out on top for us. Great jets and comfort. Wet testing each tub is imperative before purchasing good luck.

Thanks, we have eliminated ThermoSpas from our candidate list, if for nothing else, price.

Right now the debate is between a J-4xx of some type (Jacuzzi) and a selection of Arctic Spas.

The Arctic dealer is around 30 miles from me, the Jacuzzi around 15. They've both been around for awhile, and I acknowledge that service is important.

The Jacuzzi is foam packed, and the Arctic ISN'T -- I don't know which is more energy efficient -- electricity is not outrageously expensive here (National Grid, remnants of Boston Edison / Mass Electric) but I'd like to know...

Also the person who had a problem with Arctic service -- if there was a problem with service, there must have been a problem with the spa -- I'd like to know what it is...

Also the person who had a problem with Arctic service -- if there was a problem with service, there must have been a problem with the spa -- I'd like to know what it is...

I'd like to know too, so that I can follow up with the dealer involved and see if any issues can be resolved. But read on...

I've had a really poor experience with Arctic. The tub has had numerous problems and the dealer support has been lousy.

We try to follow up on any customer issue and I have to treat any post as legitimate until proven otherwise.

However, haven't heard from this poster yet. I begin to suspect a troll or a shill.

I'd like to know too, so that I can follow up with the dealer involved and see if any issues can be resolved. But read on...

We try to follow up on any customer issue and I have to treat any post as legitimate until proven otherwise.

However, haven't heard from this poster yet. I begin to suspect a troll or a shill.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you Tom and any others. I'm currently on vacation and I don't have access to my serial number but will respond in more detail when I return.

I have some pictures on my camera of my Arctic and will try to post them, just to prove I'm not a shill.

Picture1.jpg

This should show how they mounted a motor that was replaced.

Picture4.jpg

This is showing some white residue on the motor they didn't fasten down and has only been in the spa a couple of days. I don't know why the residue but suspect a leak or a previous leak and this motor has been used, rebuilt, and then installed in my tub.

Flocable.jpg

This picture shows how a cable is routed not through the protective grommet but inched between the control electronics box cover.

Heatloss.jpg

This shows how well some of the covers fit on this spa. Got heat loss???

Strippedscrew2.jpg

This shows multiple holes for holding the cover on. Got more heat loss???

I have other complaints as well but have only limited time now.

Thanks for your patience.

The Arctic dealer is around 30 miles from me, the Jacuzzi around 15. They've both been around for awhile, and I acknowledge that service is important.

I have to drive around 30 minutes to the Arctic dealer, R&R Spas in Littleton, Mass. Good folks and seem to know their stuff!

My tub is located in northern NH. I go there on the weekends so I wanted to get something reliable. I had a breaker trip after we lost power last week. Three days without power and the tub was at 92. I normally leave the tub at 100. Ambient was Low 26 high was 45.

I have had my tub for over a year and am glad I chose Arctic. Two weeks ago I did a re-fill. This is my third fill and everytime I run into something different! This time, HIGH chlorine numbers. Last time, iron in water oxydizing(turned water rust color). First time, no issues. I'm getting pretty good at this.

I really have to throw some gratitude to this forum! Tom gets on top of anything Arctic. Nitro/Chem-Geek/Roger/spa_tech and a couple others that I missed, sorry, are a wealth of information. Oh ya, Hillbilly, my homeboy! Some of these guys promote their own product but not often and never to obstruct the real value they add to helping everyone enjoy a well maintained tub, thanks guys/gals!!!

I've sent you my serial number a couple of times. Here it is again. A08CX112763 Looking forward to hearing from you so we can discuss what I consider lousy dealer support and some of the many problems I've had with my spa.

Thanks

I've sent you my serial number a couple of times. Here it is again. A08CX112763 Looking forward to hearing from you so we can discuss what I consider lousy dealer support and some of the many problems I've had with my spa.

Thanks

Hi there,

Hi Paul,

As you may have already read on this forum or others, Tom Gray is no longer employed by Blue Falls Manufacturing. I however, would like to hear about the issues you have had, and am happy to do all I can to improve your experience moving forward. Thank you for your reference number, I have your file on my desk. Please feel free to contact me here, or directly at Blue Falls/Arctic 1-800-309-1744, anytime this week would be great.

Cheers,

Vern