Arctic Vs Master Twilight

tfleming

it appears that arctic might be a little more in price depending on your dealer but i think arctic is going to be the better spa long term from my investigations...how dealer support thats a major consideration that cost doesn't associate with bad dealer make it a bad tub imho?

I am about to buy a hot tub. I have been offered a new floor model Twilight Master Spa TS 8.2 for 10K all in including delivery. I have been comparing this to a Arctic Spa similar specs. Looking for peoples opinion. Need some help soon.

I'm not a Master fan at all for their quality, energy efficiency and manufacturer reputation. IMO, there are FAR better options out there than Master. If Arctic is your other choice then I'd go that way personally.

I own an Arctic...terrible dealer support.

Please PM me with the name of the dealer so that we can investigate the situation and work to improve dealer performance.

There's been more than a few unfavorable Arctic reports on here...do some searches.

You will find that Arctic monitors those reports and works to resolve them.

I'd stay away from both

I own an Arctic and never again, lots of problems with the tub and terrible dealer support.

Could you send me your name and serial number? Maybe I can look into the issues and help improve your opinion of us. Thanks

James,

Thanks for your concern. Hopefully this wont get deleted before you get a chance to see it.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you and any others. I'm currently on vacation and I don't have access to my serial number but will respond in more detail when I return.

I have some pictures on my camera of my Arctic and will try to post them, just to prove I'm not a shill.

Picture1.jpg

This should show how they mounted a motor that was replaced.

Picture4.jpg

This is showing some white residue on the motor they didn't fasten down and has only been in the spa a couple of days. I don't know why the residue but suspect a leak or a previous leak and this motor has been used, rebuilt, and then installed in my tub.

Flocable.jpg

This picture shows how a cable is routed not through the protective grommet but inched between the control electronics box cover.

Heatloss.jpg

This shows how well some of the covers fit on this spa. Got heat loss???

Strippedscrew2.jpg

This shows multiple holes for holding the cover on. Got more heat loss???

I have other complaints as well but have only limited time now.

Thanks for your patience.

I await your return. Once I have your serial number I will dig into the issues you have presented here. How old is the spa, if I may ask, as we have not used that pump for some time?

James

Thanks again for your concern James.

My serial number is A08CX112763. You will find quite a history with this tub.

Hopefully you will contact me offline and we can discuss your sincere offer to change my opinion of Arctic Spa and the local dealer.

Thanks

• 5 weeks later...

wow... it seems that the way they pinch a cord through the box is more common than i thought...... noarctic, are you located in edmonton? I alos noticed that my board just has a hole in it for the other wires... no black gromet like those in that picture... are the wires suppoed to be sealed with a gromet for humidity not entering the board case?....

wow... it seems that the way they pinch a cord through the box is more common than i thought...... noarctic, are you located in edmonton? I alos noticed that my board just has a hole in it for the other wires... no black gromet like those in that picture... are the wires suppoed to be sealed with a gromet for humidity not entering the board case?....

Hey Guys,

I am going to look into this myself. I would like to see a strain relief on that Northern Light wire too. I am not sure why it is not there.

Kind regards,

James

Salp,

I'm not in Edmonton. I've been told factory spec. does not include a black grommet for these cables in and out of the spa pack. Factory spec. does not call for the holes for these cables to be water tight. As for pinching the cable, my tub was delivered that way. Spending over $10,000.00 for a tub and this is the best they can do?

Hi Guys,

Just to echo what noarctic is saying, we don't require all wiring to be watertight on that side of the pack. As we move forward that is certainly a reasonable goal. Multiple wires coming out of one area, which can't use the rubber grommet method for example, get a shot of silicone to help resist some moisture. As for the pinched cable, likely it was left that way on delivery day (hate to throw the tech under the bus) but it makes no sense for it to come out of production that way. A few years ago, its was fairly acceptable to route small cables between the door of the pack and the side, as there was a notched area moulded right into the right side of the MSPA pack door designed by Gecko just for this purpose. Just asked some production guys about timeframe on that, they think maybe 3-4 years ago some of that was still being done, but again, that is not longer the practice.

Vern

Salp,

I'm not in Edmonton. I've been told factory spec. does not include a black grommet for these cables in and out of the spa pack. Factory spec. does not call for the holes for these cables to be water tight. As for pinching the cable, my tub was delivered that way. Spending over $10,000.00 for a tub and this is the best they can do?

Salp,

I m pretty suprised that it is not needed (maybe not needed, but would be BETTER) ... the gromets.... does gecko not supply them with the boards/packs? I would like to see them on mine.....

Salp,

I m pretty suprised that it is not needed (maybe not needed, but would be BETTER) ... the gromets.... does gecko not supply them with the boards/packs? I would like to see them on mine.....

I will inquire and get back to you. Cheers!

Vern

Vern

Salp,

All I can say is I just received my artic spa last Friday, The delivery guys where totaly awesome, the tub is amazing and the best well built spa I have ever seen, I also have the onzen salt system and it kicks ass, The dealer in Barrie Ont give you major support, the water chemistry is very easy to take care of, What more can I say

James is all over this message board and that is amazing.

All I can say is I just received my artic spa last Friday, The delivery guys where totaly awesome, the tub is amazing and the best well built spa I have ever seen, I also have the onzen salt system and it kicks ass, The dealer in Barrie Ont give you major support, the water chemistry is very easy to take care of, What more can I say

James is all over this message board and that is amazing.

Thanks for your kind words and your business Dano. Enjoy your spa!

James