Spa In Garage

Looking for your thoughts. I'm getting a used spa in a few days. What do you think about setting it up in the garage for this winter only and finding a permanent spot for it outside next year. It is an unheated, well ventilated attached garage with a cement floor. There is a 100 amp panel in the same bay as the tub would go. What do you think? Good idea or a waste of time.Should I just install it permanently the first time? I'm thinking the spa will need some work such as a good cleaning/decontamination and possibly a motor or heater. It would be much easier to get set up and working if it was in the garage since cold weather is coming fast.

I would say good idea.

Keep ventilation so the moisture is not a problem and wire it safely.

It would definately be easier to work on in-doors than out if you need to replace any equipment. You can drain it with a hose attached and run out the door (if you dont have a floor drain in the garage).

When I got my used tub home, I was able to leave it on the trailer and fill it for testing. Had to order all new controls, but did test all the pumps and equipment prior to ordering the controls to verify they all worked and it was feasible to fix this tub before unloading it from the trailer and placing it on the pad for it.

I would say go for it.

Maybe you could put wheels on it, like Merlin777 wants to do, and take it for a drive! :D

I say go for it, and like others have said, ventilate the space.

Dave

Looking for your thoughts. I'm getting a used spa in a few days. What do you think about setting it up in the garage for this winter only and finding a permanent spot for it outside next year. It is an unheated, well ventilated attached garage with a cement floor. There is a 100 amp panel in the same bay as the tub would go. What do you think? Good idea or a waste of time.Should I just install it permanently the first time? I'm thinking the spa will need some work such as a good cleaning/decontamination and possibly a motor or heater. It would be much easier to get set up and working if it was in the garage since cold weather is coming fast.

I know someone who did that... her husband is in Afghanistan and she had 2 daughters. She didn't want all the neighbors to see them soaking (we live in a neighborhood were the houses are about an arms lengh from one another) so they put it in the garage until her husband came home and then they would move it outside. Her garage has a window in it so when they would use it she would just open up the window. She has had it in there for about 7 months now?? I think... But I haven't heard of any problems other than her and the girls love it!