Newbie - Cost To Close A Pool?

Zooming993

We'll be closing our inground pool for the first time this year and we're curious what we should expect to pay for this service. We live in the Northeast PA and our freeform pool is 20' x 40'. Does the cost of closing the pool usally include the cost of installing the safety cover?

Thanks

We pay $250 but we clean the pool and balance the water. They do the rest (lowering water level, blowing out the lines, antifreeze and winterizing the equipment, and they do put the cover on as well). I think most places charge around $350 or so. I would find out exactly what they do before you hire them.

$300 for inground pool with safety cover in Maryland. If you watch them do it and take notes, you can do it next time. :D

Agreed - watch carefully, ask questions and take notes (pictures even). For me, the most difficult part of closing is installing the cover. (Similarly, the worst part of opening in the spring is removing the cover - even more labor-intensive and time-consuming than installing upon closing, since it's necessary to clean and dry the cover, then carefully fold before storing).

I paid $290 last year and though that was horrendously expensive. I guess not, based on the replies here.

Today, I am looking into trying to close it myself. I'm a little nervous about making sure the lines are all blown out. I also unsure as to whether or not I should lower the water. Some experts tell you not to, to keep strain and force off the cover.