Deep Tub Suggestion For Tall Folks

nitrous

Hi there.

After purchasing my first hot tub I am somewhat not happy. We purchased a H20 Canyon Luxury tub (made in Canada)

For those of you that are not familiar with this brand here is a link

http://www.h2ospas.ca/canyon_luxury.htm

I know it is prob my fault for not wet testing first before purchasing (we did sit in it dry) but I figured it would be comfortable for me.

I am about 6'3'' and have a hard time finding a comfortable seat. I find myself not getting any beneficial massage and just plain out not satisfied.

I haven't contacted my dealer about this yet and I am wondering if they may let me hopefully upgrade to another model, I was really interested in the Hot Springs Grandee or Vista

If there are any dealers reading this please post your opinion on how I should go about contacting them or any info would be greatly appreciated.

I am wondering if anyone knows of a really deep comfortable tub for taller people ??

Another thing I regret is not having a lounger as I think this may of helped me, maybe not ??

The Hot Spring Vista has the lounger and maybe this is the way to go

Thanks for your input !!

I don’t think this will help you much but I have a Hot Springs Envoy and have no problem drowning myself in it. I’m 6'1". My wife who is 5'7" has a hard time finding a seat that is not way to deep. We ended up buying a clear inflatable hemorrhoid doughnut from CVS pharmacy. We filled it with water from the tub by holding the valve against one of the jets. It raises her up just the right amount and offers her much improved traction on the surface of the tub and you really cant tell its there. The Grandee and Vista tubs are great though and have a depth of 38" vs. the 36" of my Envoy. I would have sprung for the larger tub if it were in the budget. I bought mine used. Jim

I'm 5-11 and have a Sundance Optima. The 2 seats by the waterfall are pretty deep, and I can slide down to get the top jets to massage my neck. I didn't want a lounger, and can slide down in the seat to the left of the waterfall and touch my feet across the tub, and essentially float on jets when pump 2 is on. Some of our friends are shorter and don't have trouble with the 2 deep seats, but the 2 seats by the controls are not as deep.

Can ya kinda scrunch up a little? Does that help? Sorry, I had to say it!

I'm 6'1", If I sit on the floor of my spa, the water goes up over my nose and I have a small spa. With the buoyancy of the water, I haven't found a place in the spa that isn't comfortable, seat or no seat.

Dave

The Grandee & Vista are great choices. You might also look into the Limelight series made by Watkins also. They tent to be a bit deeper in the seating. They have most of the same internals like control box, pumps, etc.

They are definitely different than the HotSpring models so I definitely recommend wet testing.

I've been working on HotSpring for a long time and they are definitely very reliable.

I don't know how long ago you bought it but some dealers have a return policy. We have a 3 day no questions asked, and a 10 day trade for another.

Good Luck - I hope you find the best fit for you.

I'm 6'5", have an Arctic Tundra Legend, 39" high with 4-corner buckets all different heights. Luv it, all the

depth I need.

I even sit on the floor sometimes, in mine! It's like having a lounger without having a lounger. I'm 6ft and my wife is 5-2. She can still sit in the deep corner without a snorkel.

The Grandee & Vista are great choices. You might also look into the Limelight series made by Watkins also. They tent to be a bit deeper in the seating. They have most of the same internals like control box, pumps, etc.

They are definitely different than the HotSpring models so I definitely recommend wet testing.

I've been working on HotSpring for a long time and they are definitely very reliable.

I don't know how long ago you bought it but some dealers have a return policy. We have a 3 day no questions asked, and a 10 day trade for another.

Good Luck - I hope you find the best fit for you.

Yeah I've had it for almost a month and a half or so, it's prob too late now for the dealer to do anything. I will call them and see what they can do for me if I want to upgrade to the Grandee

That's surprising since Im 6'2" and most of the models fit me quite well. Did you test the Fairmont model Im pretty sure you will fit in that quite well. Im sure your dealer would work with you to exchange models. Considering H20 tubs are among the deepest at 40" and the HS models are under that.

Hi there.

After purchasing my first hot tub I am somewhat not happy. We purchased a H20 Canyon Luxury tub (made in Canada)

For those of you that are not familiar with this brand here is a link

http://www.h2ospas.ca/canyon_luxury.htm

I know it is prob my fault for not wet testing first before purchasing (we did sit in it dry) but I figured it would be comfortable for me.

I am about 6'3'' and have a hard time finding a comfortable seat. I find myself not getting any beneficial massage and just plain out not satisfied.

I haven't contacted my dealer about this yet and I am wondering if they may let me hopefully upgrade to another model, I was really interested in the Hot Springs Grandee or Vista

If there are any dealers reading this please post your opinion on how I should go about contacting them or any info would be greatly appreciated.

I am wondering if anyone knows of a really deep comfortable tub for taller people ??

Another thing I regret is not having a lounger as I think this may of helped me, maybe not ??

The Hot Spring Vista has the lounger and maybe this is the way to go

Thanks for your input !!

You don't say how long you've owned this but by all means, talk to your dealer because spas aren't like saddles, they don't get more comfortable over time and the earlier you report it the better. You've already realized that the mistake was not wet testing. As you are witnessing, you can't go by looks and dry testing helps some. As far as a lounge goes, that is even more reason to wet test as lounges don't fit everyone, even those that are well designed.

If the dealer is willing to help I'd wet test a couple of his other deep models and see how they feel compared to what you have. As you've learned, you can't simply go by specs, its all about how the seating is designed and how well it fits you. I wouldn't assume a 40" spa will fit you better than a slightly shallower 39" or 38" just because you're tall which is evidenced by the fact that Pathfinder is of similar height yet while the same spa fits him well your experience differs.

If you've owned this a very short time many dealers will do their best to accommodate someone who just took delivery a short time before reporting the issue.

We have had no issue with our big Clearwater tubs (41 inches deep) with tall people, plus most have several levels so shorter people can enjoy also. Good luck in your search!

We have had no issue with our big Clearwater tubs (41 inches deep) with tall people, plus most have several levels so shorter people can enjoy also. Good luck in your search!

Being where I am in Saskatchewan Canada we have a limited supply of dealers here. Beachcomber, Jacuzzi, Hot Springs, Arctic to name a few.

Allot of the other brands people have mentioned I have never heard of before.