Hot Tub Coming, How Long To Get Up And Running?

hrustar

My tub should arrive in a few weeks. My question is this, once the electric is hooked up and fresh water added, how long before we can jump on in. I know we need to heat the water and balance the water. Does this take a day, a few days, a few hours? I just want to know what to expect. Also, how long does it take to fill a 450 gallon tub using a garden hose?

My tub should arrive in a few weeks. My question is this, once the electric is hooked up and fresh water added, how long before we can jump on in. I know we need to heat the water and balance the water. Does this take a day, a few days, a few hours? I just want to know what to expect. Also, how long does it take to fill a 450 gallon tub using a garden hose?

It took my 475 gal tub around 1.5 to 2 hours to fill. We went to Dinner and the water temp went from 84 to 90. By the next morning it was at 98 where I had originally set it.

Good luck and enjoy!

It took my 475 gal tub around 1.5 to 2 hours to fill. We went to Dinner and the water temp went from 84 to 90. By the next morning it was at 98 where I had originally set it.

Good luck and enjoy!

Depends a lot on water pressure. Took my 540 gallon tub just over one hour to fill, and around 7 hours to get up to temperature (from 72 degrees to 98 degrees).

Fill time depends on the flow in the garden hose. Time how long it takes to fill a 5 gallon bucket and do the math. We prob get close to 10GPM on our hose, less than an hr to fill. When we were filling the tub the first time, the kids were in it before the hose was in it. 45 min later they had blue lips but didn't care. Ours got to 95 or so within a couple of hours.

It take me about an hour to fill 450 gallons. I run 2 hoses to fill the tub one from the front of the house and one from the back to speed things up. Tub heats 6 degrees per hour in the summer it takes a couple of hours to heat in the winter starting with 40 degree water overnight. Good luck.

Ditto on my 475 gallon Caldera. About 6 gal/min to fill and 6 degrees an hour to heat.

My water is usually pretty much balanced off the tap and the first soak in fresh water is the best. For what's it's worth I don't add sanitizer to the water until after I soak. I really enjoy the first chemical free soak.

Note to yourself how the water feels when it's fresh. Note the clarity, and how long it takes to clear (visable to the bottom) once the pumps are off. This will help you "judge" your water as you use it and it get's closer to change out the water.

I do let the water run from the hose for a bit before filling the tub. I was told this can help flush out any bacteria that may be in the hose line.