How Long Should I Be Running The Equipment?

Zooming993

Our in ground pool (Shotcrete) was completed on 8-5-09. The PB told me to run the equipment for 12 hours a day. Based the following pool details, what should be the minimum run time be per day?

•Freeform: 20’ X 40’

•Gallons: 20K

•Finish: Diamond Brite

•Pump: Jandy Stealth 2hp

•Filter: Jandy DEV60

•Chlorinator: Hayward CL220

•Pool Cleaner: Aquabot T4

Thank you

I usually tell people, 4 to 6 hours in the winter, 6 to 8 in the summer. But that is in California, where we usually don't close the pool in winter. If, after saying that, the customer looks at me like i'm from the electric company, I tell them to experiment with run times. Sometimes they can get away with shorter run times. It basically comes down to variables that vary from pool to pool. Sorry, but no help.

•Gallons: 20K

•Pump: Jandy Stealth 2hp

Unless you own the electric co a 2 hp will cost you a lot to run for 12 hrs/day. And unless you have a spa with 8 jets this pump appears do be oversized. Run time is also a factor of swim load and contaminant load. Experiment is the best answer.

You likely have a turnover time of 4 hours. Much higher than necessary on a residential pool.