Maax 481 From Local Dealer

deadbolt67

I have a local dealer who is willing to sell a Maax 481 (Deluxe Therapy Pkg), cover, steps, hydraulic cover assist & deliver, out the door for 7400.00. I looked at the Sundance Chelsee also at the same price, but the Maax has a great lounger. Being that I am 6'4 the Maax seems to be a better fit.

Is this a decent price for the Maax? Also, how does the quality of the Maax compare to the Sundance?

Many thanks in advance.

Michael

I have a local dealer who is willing to sell a Maax 481 (Deluxe Therapy Pkg), cover, steps, hydraulic cover assist & deliver, out the door for 7400.00. I looked at the Sundance Chelsee also at the same price, but the Maax has a great lounger. Being that I am 6'4 the Maax seems to be a better fit.

Is this a decent price for the Maax? Also, how does the quality of the Maax compare to the Sundance?

Many thanks in advance.

Michael

That is a really good price for that model spa. Maax has been making spas for a long time. Used to be under the Coleman name. The maax tubs are built really well and have a comparable warranty to all the other manufactures. I really like the layout and features of the Maax spas

Many thanks in advance.

Michael

That is a really good price for that model spa. Maax has been making spas for a long time. Used to be under the Coleman name. The maax tubs are built really well and have a comparable warranty to all the other manufactures. I really like the layout and features of the Maax spas

Thank for the information! I had never heard of Maax before last weekend, but everything I read seems to indicate a quality unit.

Regards,

Michael

Many thanks in advance.

Michael

IMO Maxx is a step below Sundance. However I am not a big fan of Sundance either. Coleman Spas were middle of the road around these parts (Northern Minnesota) I haven't seen anything out of Maxx to change that.

Many thanks in advance.

Michael

IMO Maxx is a step below Sundance. However I am not a big fan of Sundance either. Coleman Spas were middle of the road around these parts (Northern Minnesota) I haven't seen anything out of Maxx to change that.

Why do you think there are middle of the road spa? I here people say this, but never give a reason. Maax started making them 2000 and made tons of inprovements to them since.

Many thanks in advance.

Michael

We just purchased the 470P and were going to get the 481 also but decided we did not want the lounger. I'm 5 ft so I knew I would not be using the lounger. We went with Maax over the Sundance due to we really felt comfortable with the dealer. We were quoted 7400.00 also for the 481 so that sounds right. I liked what someone told me here on the forum that you won't hear bad or good about Maax spas. Our dealer has been in business 13 years and has and A+ ranking with the BBB and we know of others who have bought from him and he is really customer oriented. We get our tub next week and we're super excited!!

Why do you think there are middle of the road spa? I here people say this, but never give a reason. Maax started making them 2000 and made tons of inprovements to them since.

This isn't a place for you to argue my opinion. I didn't argue yours. Lets do this, how many Colemans/Maxx versus other tubs have you worked on? I have worked on a whole bunch of them. But for your sake I usualy form my opinion based on longevity versus price for a specific brand. I also use energy efficiency. And no matter what the web site or the local salesman/manufacturer told you the people I know that own them and the repairs I have done prove diferently. I have seen some improvements but there perimeter insulation skeem is full of ineffieciencys. Combined with the metal frame it is a very noisy and inefficient package in my opinion. Once rivets, spot welds and screws come loose and the galvinized frame starts to rust.

But if you like them thats cool! I would never judge anyone for what brand they like. And it would never matter to me if someone liked a brand I didn't care for. If I offended you by offering an unbiased opinion I appoligize. Do you own one, sell them or what?

Many thanks in advance.

Michael

We just purchased the 470P and were going to get the 481 also but decided we did not want the lounger. I'm 5 ft so I knew I would not be using the lounger. We went with Maax over the Sundance due to we really felt comfortable with the dealer. We were quoted 7400.00 also for the 481 so that sounds right. I liked what someone told me here on the forum that you won't hear bad or good about Maax spas. Our dealer has been in business 13 years and has and A+ ranking with the BBB and we know of others who have bought from him and he is really customer oriented. We get our tub next week and we're super excited!!

Thanks for the reply. I took the plunge today (no pun) and bought a 481. I ended up getting the Deluxe model (steps, cover, chems, cover lift assist, etc) plus the optional After Hours light kit, out the door for 6900.00 Due to the light kit, they had to order the spa, but I won't be ready for it for another three weeks, so no big deal... plus I got to order the color combo.

Thanks for the reply. I took the plunge today (no pun) and bought a 481. I ended up getting the Deluxe model (steps, cover, chems, cover lift assist, etc) plus the optional After Hours light kit, out the door for 6900.00 Due to the light kit, they had to order the spa, but I won't be ready for it for another three weeks, so no big deal... plus I got to order the color combo.

Welcome to spatopia, that's not a bad price.

Welcome to spatopia, that's not a bad price.

Thanks for the welcome Roger. I am sure I will have more questions as things move along. Nice to find such a valuable resource!

Maax is a long time manufacturer, as was stated before, that formerly sold their spas under the "Coleman" name. So it's no surprise you had not heard of Maax before. Over all a pretty decent hot tub, however can be a little more expensive in a really cold climate as it uses perimeter insulation (as do many other brands).

Welcome to the hot tub family! :) I'm sure you'll enjoy soaking often.