Pad: Concrete Or Crushed Stone?

karenb

Pavers do sound nice. Luckily, we found an Amish guy to do a 12x9 crushed stone pad. When the tub arrives, we'll have it installed on the stone. The tub is 7'5" square, so there will be some stone visible. I think next year, I can put some nice pavers on top of the visible stone, to make it look nice. Anybody see any issues doing this? I figure in the future, I can expand it to good-sized patio...

As soon as I get the building permit, the Amish guy is going to get started. This newbie can't wait!

Pavers do sound nice. Luckily, we found an Amish guy to do a 12x9 crushed stone pad. When the tub arrives, we'll have it installed on the stone. The tub is 7'5" square, so there will be some stone visible. I think next year, I can put some nice pavers on top of the visible stone, to make it look nice. Anybody see any issues doing this? I figure in the future, I can expand it to good-sized patio...

As soon as I get the building permit, the Amish guy is going to get started. This newbie can't wait!

I personally wouldn't put my hot tub on crushed stone pad alone. It needs to be on concrete at least from what I have heard in order for it to have longevity. You can do whatever you want, but that is my opinion. We are putting ours on our concrete pad and we have a paver patio around that. The concrete and pavers have crushed stone under them. The crushed stone is 6 1/2 inches deep. As I said do what you want, it will most likely be fine. We just didn't want to take any chances considering how expensive hot tubs are. Also I'm surprised you need a building permit for that. We didn't. I didn't even think you needed one just to put down a patio. Guess it varies state to state. Good luck and enjoy your tub! :D Our tub got pushed back due to shipping problems and will most likely be here next week (fingers crossed)

• 8 years later...