Algae Is Not Sweeping Off Floor

avants432

Hey folks,

First off, this is a great forum and thank all the owners and professionals that put out some great information.

I had been struggling with green water - jandy codes 172-186 for about a month. Long story short, tried a few things and my pool water is back to where it should be. My issue was my ultrapure system was not working as it should. I rectified that and my water is clear.

However, I am now dealing with what I will describe as residual algae on my pool floor that will not come up. I went and bought a wirebrush, as i thought the nylon brush was not doing the job. Its not getting worse, but it is not getting better either. I do not think the wire brush is making a difference.

So I seem to be in a stalemate :)

I have a pebbletec surface, saltwater pool.

I am going to test the water at the store in a few minutes, but throughout this whole process, my levels had been fine (occasionally needing a small amount of stabilizer).

Any thoughts?

Thank you for your time! :)

However, I am now dealing with what I will describe as residual algae on my pool floor that will not come up.

I am going to test the water at the store in a few minutes, but throughout this whole process, my levels had been fine.

"Fine" is very subjective and does not provide enough information. I have seen this problem but since there may be more than one cause it would be great if you would post all of the vital statistics (pool size, etc & water test readings), everything you see being posted and asked about on other questions. Then you will likely get some helpful responses.