Jacuzzi Vs Sundance Vs Coast Spas

pLaF

Hey everyone,

I am close to a final purchase, I'm still looking around for different brand.

Yesterday, I end up talking to a dealer about the jacuzzi brand I was comparing his too. The guy said Jacuzzi SPA are very good in the US, but here in Canada, Ottawa region, our winter will destroy the isolation of the SPA and break a lot faster/easier. Plus the sound system in the model I am looking at J-480 , will not last for long in the cold weather.

I know a salesrep need to sell his stuff, but I know not everyone of them are honest.

I am not considering Coast Spas brand -- Radiance Lounger. The dealer said to me the outside isolation is made for our weather. It is over 600lbs heavier even if its a lot smaller.

I really don't want to get screwed by some lies and I am very worried I'm not going to purchase the quality I'm looking for. I'm paying big buck here, and would be VERY disappointed if I make a bad move.

Now I know Jacuzzi bought Sundance (thats what I got told) , and the isolation and outside material is a lot better than the Jacuzzi brand.

I am so confused... and very sad, I really don't know what to do.

Please advise me and tell me your honest opinion.

Thank you very much.

Maybe those cold Southern Ontario winters are too hard on the Jacuzzis', but out here in Alberta, the Jacuzzis' do well in our mild winters.

Of course the Jacuzzi stereo will soon fail...he isn't selling it...whadda ya expect him to say?

In my opinion, any dealer that has to try to discredit another manufacturer just to try to make his product appear better, obviously knows / feels his product is inferior.

Sundance insulation and outside material is a lot better than Jacuzzi. Please....educate me how - why?

Jacuzzi's reputation speaks for itself. Believe who you wanna believe.

A salesman not being honest....? Nah...not a chance!

Maybe those cold Southern Ontario winters are too hard on the Jacuzzis', but out here in Alberta, the Jacuzzis' do well in our mild winters.

Of course the Jacuzzi stereo will soon fail...he isn't selling it...whadda ya expect him to say?

In my opinion, any dealer that has to try to discredit another manufacturer just to try to make his product appear better, obviously knows / feels his product is inferior.

Sundance insulation and outside material is a lot better than Jacuzzi. Please....educate me how - why?

Ahhhhh Wannago ... I know what you're talking about. That's the only problem! I hate salesmen....even if I am one myself!! :P

Do you know the warranty on your sound system by any chance?

Look under the skirt of a Jacuzzi and a Sundance. You would be hard pressed to tell the difference.

Look under the skirt of a Jacuzzi and a Sundance. You would be hard pressed to tell the difference.

Meaning what exactly? :/

Meaning what exactly? :/

Same plastic bottom pan, same PT wood frame, same class of spa pack, same insulating method and coverage, same quality shell, etc. etc. etc. They are both great spas.

Hey everyone,

I am close to a final purchase, I'm still looking around for different brand.

Yesterday, I end up talking to a dealer about the jacuzzi brand I was comparing his too. The guy said Jacuzzi SPA are very good in the US, but here in Canada, Ottawa region, our winter will destroy the isolation of the SPA and break a lot faster/easier. Plus the sound system in the model I am looking at J-480 , will not last for long in the cold weather.

I know a salesrep need to sell his stuff, but I know not everyone of them are honest.

I am not considering Coast Spas brand -- Radiance Lounger. The dealer said to me the outside isolation is made for our weather. It is over 600lbs heavier even if its a lot smaller.

I really don't want to get screwed by some lies and I am very worried I'm not going to purchase the quality I'm looking for. I'm paying big buck here, and would be VERY disappointed if I make a bad move.

Now I know Jacuzzi bought Sundance (thats what I got told) , and the isolation and outside material is a lot better than the Jacuzzi brand.

I am so confused... and very sad, I really don't know what to do.

Please advise me and tell me your honest opinion.

Thank you very much.

I noticed you said Ottawa and I had to chime in here. I also looked at the Sundance/Jacuzzi when I was shopping for my tub - I now own an Artesian Piper Glen that I absolutely love. I had it installed last year and have to say this past winter (which was very very cold at times!) made my hydro bill jump around $80 for the 60-62 day span. I was skeptical when the salesman told me around $1/day to run, but overall I have to say he was pretty close to being on the money!

If you haven't already, I'd suggest checking out Artesian at Purewater! The guys there have also been fantastic..

Oh, and I did have an issue with my stereo - one of the speakers decided it didn't want to pop-up anymore. I was told by the service manager the stereo has a one year warranty. I'm hoping I don't have any issues with it after the one year mark!

Good luck!

Joe