Flow Switch Issue?

Surfbeast

HEY All,

I just installed a new pump/motor today and got everyting hooked up. Turned the tub on and everything seemed to run fine. The pump ran on High and when it reached the temp I had set ( 90 ) it never switched to the lower pump flow. After about an hour I checked and the ( FL ) light was on. The book says fLOW switch, Where is this switch and what does it look like? WOuld this switch being out make the pump only run on high?

Thanks!

HEY All,

I just installed a new pump/motor today and got everyting hooked up. Turned the tub on and everything seemed to run fine. The pump ran on High and when it reached the temp I had set ( 90 ) it never switched to the lower pump flow. After about an hour I checked and the ( FL ) light was on. The book says fLOW switch, Where is this switch and what does it look like? WOuld this switch being out make the pump only run on high?

Thanks!

The flow switch is mounted either on the heater housing or in the plumbing line. Not knowing what spa you have the best for you to find it would be trace the small wires and see were they go. A flow switch most time is gray sticks out of a pipe a little with arrows on it pointing the direction of flow.

If you spa is using the jet pump to heat they use to low speed to heat. You might have the low and high speed wires reversed

OK I'll check that. There were three wires on the old and new pumps ( black,white, red ) I put the old wire from he old pigtail back on the new motor as they were wired. They said if the pump ran in he wrong direction to switch the wires, would that be the low/high speed you are talking bout?

Thanks!

OK I'll check that. There were three wires on the old and new pumps ( black,white, red ) I put the old wire from he old pigtail back on the new motor as they were wired. They said if the pump ran in he wrong direction to switch the wires, would that be the low/high speed you are talking bout?

Thanks!

Yes, you will need to switch the low and high speed wires

OK I got it fixed, thanks much.

Alsso, I noticed that the motor housing is running about 160 F, is that normal? I had the side off the tub and it was in he shade with 80 F outside temps. Seems pretty hot to me. hat is normal?

Thanks for all the help!

pump motors do get very warm when running for long times. I do not know that exact temp for one though